Open pistol Dot sight. Leupold Deltapoint

flack jacket

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But when you shoot Lim/Lim 10 then you have to put up with all the crap from Eddie. He was saying so disparaging things about both of you at the Nationals. :roflol:

Neal in AZ

You know how much trouble Tony will give me if I shoot Open?? He considers me a wimp if I shoot Limited instead of L10 "The man's Division". :roflol:

Just kidding Tony! See ya Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...

Does it bolt up to J-point holes?

Yep, exact same footprint.

Thanks. That might be the best answer yet for the Glock (with an SJC mount). That might keep me from building a sideways C-more Glock mount...if/when I ever get around to shooting Open.

• 1 month later...

Flex, responding to your request.....I've only shot one match with the Deltapoint so I don't have a lot of comparison info but, I'm going to replace the Deltapoint with an Aimpoint Micro to see if I like it better. The "dot" in the DP seems like it may be a little too big for my taste, I'm used to a smaller dot like the C-more with what little Open stuff I've done. I'm going to give it a little more time before I pull the plug on it.

Flex, responding to your request.....I've only shot one match with the Deltapoint so I don't have a lot of comparison info but, I'm going to replace the Deltapoint with an Aimpoint Micro to see if I like it better. The "dot" in the DP seems like it may be a little too big for my taste, I'm used to a smaller dot like the C-more with what little Open stuff I've done. I'm going to give it a little more time before I pull the plug on it.

Is the Micro dot bright enought for you?I am thinking about buying one.

Thanks

Yuthh

The dot on the Micro is plenty bright enough. In the middle of Colorado summer at 5000+ feet elevation I've never had to put it on the brightest setting.

Thanks.I really dont care how small the dot is.As long as it's bright and solid.Ordered one.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have one with the triangle, it is mounted on my LimCat Razorcat. The triangle is large, but I actually like it. My other guns have a regular 6 MOA c-more, and the other has a slide mounted Docter Optic with, I think a 5 MOA dot. I really don't feel that the triangle's size is a problem. Having said that though, the matches that I participate in don't have shots much farther than 20 yards. I would think the triangle may pose a problem for shots farther than that. I really do like the lower mounting height than the standard C-More, and that the glass is larger than the Docter Optic, C-more STS, and JPoint (all of which I have)

Thanks...Z

• 2 weeks later...

Due to my aging eyes, I'm considering building another top end for my 40 edge, and putting one of these sights directly onto the slide. My smith is really concerned about how long this sight will last before it is beat to death by the slide. Does anyone have any long term experience with slide mounted small dots? I shoot more 3gun, so I would have "sort of" an open pistol, but I could still use my blade tech holster. I all ready have a STI open gun in super, but it has a sideways cheeley mounted cmore, but the whole holster thing for three gun is giving me fits. I have looked at the holster posts, and may do some more digging in that area. I know I would be giving up a little in the open pistol area, but the sight would work great with my eyes. If I could run with the boys in shotgun, I don't think the pistol will hold me back too much. Thanks for any help or advice.