Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open pistol Dot sight. Leupold Deltapoint

flack jacket

Hi all, Any shooters out there have the Leupold Deltapoint on their open pistol?

I was at Nationals last week and Noticed Jessie A. has it on her open STI. I like the idea of the smaller lighter sight that can be frame mounted and lower and less obtrusive than the C More Railway.

The selling point for me is this sight is magnesium and 26mm wide lens. Larger than your STS / Jpoint

3.5MOA sight is available for the shooters used to the "dot".

Leupold Deltapoint

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

My friend just mounted one on one of our open guns. He has literally owned and shot every type of scope out there. Interested to hear his thoughts

I have NO idea who that friend might be!! :rolleyes: Here are some pics. I'll be shooting it this weekend. At this point I will say that the glass is just amazingly clear. I went with the triangle and there is no halo at all. This actually sits lower than an Aimpoint Micro. It is really low. Thanks to Neal for letting me try out the Arredondo J-point mount to see of ot works. It does. I'll give a range report next week.

PICT0415.jpg

PICT0408-1.jpg

PICT0409-1.jpg

PICT0411.jpg

Rick,

I was glad to help out with the mount, funny how those things work out. It looks really good on your Cameron gun, can't wait to hear how it shoots. Mabey I will get to see it in action at Area 2 next week?

Neal in AZ

Why can't someone make a sight with a C-More sized round lens on a J-point sized base? Look at the Delta Point, why can't that lens be a bit larger and round. While I'm at it how about a thinner housing around the lens or better yet, how about the rimless one like in Eraser without the flip-up featuer?

Just spitballing here...

Does it bolt up to J-point holes?

Yep, exact same footprint.

Looks like a really nice sight. Hard to see in the last picture. How far off the slide is the top of that triangle?

The top is just over 3/4" off the slide.

Spoke to Barry at Shooters conncetion, they are looking

into carrying this scope. Hope they do. I found them at Amazon

as low as $316.00 7moa triangle.

How hard can it be to make a cmore glass but jpoint body?

wish I was an electonic genius. who ever makes it first will

definitely make serious money. Would be great for us as we

wont need to worry about EJECTION problems.

Shot the DP some today. A couple thoughts:

The windage/elevation and locking screws are..... dainty. The Torx wrench never feels like it has good purchase of the set screws. Not too impressed with that engineering. Still it worked and only took about 12 rounds to zero.

The glass is superb. One of my issues with the Cmore is distortion through the lens and the objects look darker through the lens. Neither good for me. The Aimpoint Micro I think has nice glass but you are looking through multiple "panes" of it so objects again look darker. This may be an issue specific to me however due to specific eye problems I have.

The lens feels bigger than it is. Noticeable larger than the Micro. Not as big as a regular C-more though. Sort of the mama-bear sized lens.

The dot is definitely not as bright as the Micro. It didn't seem to be an issue and today at least the triangle shape did a fine job of catching my eye. It isn't summer here but it was still a bright Arizona day and I could pick the delta up on white steel.

Leslie, who does not shoot as much as I do really liked it. Thought it was much easier to find the dot than with the Micro. Then again, she thinks dry firing is a biological dysfunction. Still, she didn't fish for the dot once.

It really sits low on the gun. I like that and not having anything around the lens aka a sideways C-more or to a lesser degree the Micro.

Worked well on a swinger I set up as well as paper out to about 25 yards and steel out to about 15.

I'll post more after I shoot it on the clock.

Here is a photo of my personal Jessie Abbate taking down a swinger with the Deltapoint.

IMG_20101105_103704.jpg