Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Postcard from Nevada

BritinUSA

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kippi has not made it to the Open/L10 Nationals but I understand she will be here for the next event.

Jessie's ammo has arrived and she shot the first few stages this morning (that she was scheduled to shoot yesterday).

She caught up to the rest of the Super Squad this afternoon (so she has shot the whole day). She's posting some great scores too !!

post-293-042543500 1286766940_thumb.jpg

post-293-051325400 1286766970_thumb.jpg

It's going to be a big day for the Women's Super Squad. Each of the five stages is over 100 points, more than a third of the match total. This day will make or break their chances of becoming the National Champion.

Kay had malfunctions on two stages yesterday which cost her a lot of time, it's still anyone's match. With Megan and Rebecca shooting on different schedules its hard to determine the lead.

I will try to post updates when the network prevails.

It's going to be a big day for the Women's Super Squad. Each of the five stages is over 100 points, more than a third of the match total. This day will make or break their chances of becoming the National Champion.

Kay had malfunctions on two stages yesterday which cost her a lot of time, it's still anyone's match. With Megan and Rebecca shooting on different schedules its hard to determine the lead.

I will try to post updates when the network prevails.

Thank you for sharing and good luck with your match!

Wow, 35 points separating JJ and Chris T. Max is Not far behind either.

406 available points to go. And a whole bunch of GMs just waiting for a breakthrough on the leaders.

This looks like another tight Nationals!

Can't wait til BritinUSA gives us another update...

Maybe I am missing something, but based on the per stage finishing order it is looking like a two horse race in Open between KC and JJ. They both have a lot of top 5 stage finishes and the lowest stage finish that KC has is 9th!!! The rest of the top dogs have at least 2 - 3 stages with some significant damage done by no shoots, or misses. Granted there is a complete day of shooting left so who really knows how its going to end up. We will just have to wait and see.

Personally I was expecting Max to destroy everyone as he has pretty much given everyone a through beat down at all of the Area matches. But its looking like he isn't having a rock solid match at the nats :unsure:

Maybe I am missing something, but based on the per stage finishing order it is looking like a two horse race in Open between KC and JJ. They both have a lot of top 5 stage finishes and the lowest stage finish that KC has is 9th!!! The rest of the top dogs have at least 2 - 3 stages with some significant damage done by no shoots, or misses. Granted there is a complete day of shooting left so who really knows how its going to end up. We will just have to wait and see.

Personally I was expecting Max to destroy everyone as he has pretty much given everyone a through beat down at all of the Area matches. But its looking like he isn't having a rock solid match at the nats :unsure:

+1 its looking like KC's year..JJ is real close, dont count out Max as his time is a little slower but He is bagging points! not over yet..

Athena blasting some targets

post-293-002513300 1286846695_thumb.jpg

Possibly the most relaxed shooter in the world, Sarah Irish

post-293-092252400 1286846716_thumb.jpg

Jessie Abbate

post-293-021674300 1286846729_thumb.jpg

Maggie heads off to the next port

post-293-083956300 1286846749_thumb.jpg

Kaci, Valier and Jessie moving on Stage 4

post-293-013623100 1286846762_thumb.jpg post-293-040173300 1286846796_thumb.jpg post-293-017169200 1286846810_thumb.jpg

Reloading with Randi, a black ensemble and shadows don't mix... perhaps Glock needs to consider something in pink ?

post-293-087537600 1286846835_thumb.jpg

Athena's ready to party on Stage 4, 'Drinks on the House'

post-293-046531600 1286846857_thumb.jpg

Perhaps you are right. I was basing my calculations from the overall match points.

JJ = 1262.9100 pts.

Chris = 1227.9300 pts.

Max Jr = 1222.8000 pts.

KC = 1202.6800 pts.

It also looks like KC still has 4 more stages vs 3 stages for JJ, Chris, Max et al. squad.

But I'm here in Houston and really don't know what's going on. Just like you said, we'll have to wait and see! ;)

E

KC hasn't shot stage 7 (the others have) which is a 130 pt stage...as it stands even if he finishes 27th he will pull 100 pts and a 40pt lead going into the final 3 stages......alot can happen in those 4 stages but he would have to be the favorite at this point...

Edited by DrawandDuck

Since all of the shooters are finishing different stages and every stage has a different point value you can't build a picture of who is on top by match points. The best barometer of performance in his kind of situation is leveraging the raw finishing order average given the stages shot so far. If you use the stage finishes as a barometer of overall performance KC is on top followed by JJ. If these two guys keep up the finishing order pace they are on they will be well ahead of the others. Researching past Open nationals results (back to 2007) no one has finished the match with a top 10 or better finish on every stage. But a lot of the top 3 in the past matches had only one or two stage finishes that were below the top 10. As I said before, KC and JJ are on pace for the win. Everyone else needs some truly amazing stage runs to overcome their lead.

As we all know, anything can happen though so we won’t really know until the match is over and the dust has settled.