Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Passing Kidney Stones

CHA-LEE

My nutritionalist said tea, coffee and dark sodas were the biggest causes for me. I took some herbs and got rid of all mine. Its been 3 years since Ive had any problems, but it was pure hell for a few months. The painkillers and muscle relaxants would knock me out for a day and the next day I would be too groggy to function. No fun at all

I was told to drink Cranberry Juice to help eliminate getting them. I was passing at least one a year for a while. Last time I was in a very nice restaurant and when I went to the urinal (filled with ice for some reason ) I passed one. The amount of blood that went with it looked like a crime scene.

Waitress asked what I'd like to drink and although I do not drink I asked for a large single malt to get rid of the pain.

Hello: I got mine from working in 104 degree heat for 4 days and not drinking enough water. Mine were small but still hurt like hell. I have had some bad cuts etc. but the pain that did not go away from the kidney stones was something else. I now drink alot of fluids and try to stay away from sodas on very hot days. Thanks, Eric

All of these kidney stone horror stories make my gut churn. I am still waiting to hear back from the lab results on my kidney stone. In the research that I have done it seems like there are a bunch of different factors that can cause them. So its key to know what kind of stone it is before making any diet adjustments. I am willing to give up whatever food or drink to not experience that kind of pain again.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally heard back from the Dr on the Kidney Stone I passed. It is a Calcium Oxalate stone. I did some searching and found a list of foods that are high in Oxalate. I am a diabetic and control my blood sugar by diet so I have a pretty limited diet already but one thing on the Oxalate list that really stood out is black tea. That is really the only thing on the list that I eat/drink a lot of. I drink a LOT of ice tea so now I have to give that up. Hopefully giving up Ice Tea will keep the kidney stones from happening again. I will miss drinking Ice Tea, but its a small price to pay if it means not experiencing another kidney stone. I think the only positive thing out of this whole experience is that it has totally reset my understanding of what is or isn't painful.

Had hundred or so,,,,,lost count. Peed one out last sunday at home depot. Didnt surprise me like it used to.

I have Calcium oxalate stones too. The issue is usually deeper than changing to foods with less oxalates etc. You need a 24 hour pee test to determine what is really going on, along with the blood test. Most likely you have high uric acid content, so limiting meat high in purines is the best route with pounding water to dilute uric acid concentrations (high uric can also lead to gout). But dont listen to me, I am not a doctor but I am related to one.

Edited by Putty

Apple cider vinegar will take care of that INSTANTLY!

google kidney stone home remedy. I think you take 1 shot (oz) of olive

oil and 1 shot (oz) of unfiltered apple cider vinegar. will work after 10min instantly

and can feel the pain go away! its AMAZING!!!

Geez...why does this feel like a setup? :rolleyes: