Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ohio Section Championship

Thanks to all of the sponsors of this match and to the core crews that put this match together.

My hats off to all of the shooters that came through stage 5. You guys and girls made our job easy with the way you helped reset the stage.

It was good to put more names to faces and to see old friends again.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks ya'll. :)

We Ohioans do our best to run with the Big Dogs, but sometimes when you roll around, and play too much with the big dogs, you get bit. :P

I was a bit disappointed for all of us who got bit (beat) by out of towners ............ We love all you guys, but everyone likes to win, that's why we play the game. The list should really read like this

• Limited - OHIO
  • L10 - Indiana (by 2.455%)
  • Open - Michigan (by 1.034%)
  • Prod - Michigan (by 0.945%)
  • Revo - OHIO (by 3.493%)
  • SS - Kentucky (by 0.087%)

The Top 10% in SS was saturated with KY boys!

Even though the Top 10% in L-10 was saturated with OHIO BOYS!!!!!!! Hmmmmm ....... ( I guess there's no good SS shooters in Ohio).

:ph34r::devil::sight:

:cheers: Big Thanks to everyone!

Edited by Chris Keen

Thanks to all those that made this match happen. The long hours and tireless efforts really showed and the shooters on Squad 16 from Detroit really appreciate letting all 9 of us shoot together.

Well done. We had a great time....

HH

Thanks to all those that made this match happen. The long hours and tireless efforts really showed and the shooters on Squad 16 from Detroit really appreciate letting all 9 of us shoot together.

Well done. We had a great time....

HH

Thanks for coming down and shooting with us. :) We aim to please, and I thought the self-squadding really went very smooth, up until the last day. Had a lot of walk-ins, late arrivals, and even some surprise arrivals!

:cheers:

Stickers were great too, up until the last day or 2, also. I'll be honest folks, this was my 1st time running (stats) a Level II State match, 1st time running a Self-Squadding match, and I got to do it with 250+ shooters, and on a budget. I think I did a pretty good job, and I really liked how easy the Self-Squadding system really worked.

I'd give it a 9 on a 10 scale. :cheers:

[Edit in RED]

Edited by Chris Keen

I had a great time today. Stages were awesome. Whoever developed the Seeing Double stage did an awesome job. That stage had a huge degree of suck and an equal amount of fun :cheers:

Had a blast and will be back next year :D

Same here! It was a fun match. Well, except for those two no shoots that jumped out in front of my bullets. But hey, you'll have that.

A pleasure to shoot with you, and all on squad 15!

Indeed. Had a ball. We had a small squad but we had a lot of fun! Thanks for putting up with our Shanannigans :D

We got off to a slow start but we finished strong.

I didn't get to go out and have that drink but I will tomorrow. Getting one of these matches off the ground is a lot harder than it looks.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I will have all of the pistols displayed near the range house if you want to see them.

I had a great time today. Stages were awesome. Whoever developed the Seeing Double stage did an awesome job. That stage had a huge degree of suck and an equal amount of fun :cheers:

I had a great time today also. Great to shoot with some new shooters. Yes, Mike! Stage 4 was a mother so pay the man!

Great shooting with squad 15

Thomas B - PRD

Dana C - LTD

Bart F - Limited 10

Mike M - PRD

Scott M - Limited 10

Dan C. I - OPN

IMG_0196-2.jpg

And don't forget Dave Bone.

Really enjoyed the match today. Shooting with good people makes the day go so much easier and fun.

Hope to shoot with you all again sometime.

Scott

Congrat on high C L10 Scott!

Whoever developed the Seeing Double stage did an awesome job. That stage had a huge degree of suck and an equal amount of fun

Thanks for the compliment on my design on stage 4, but that won't help grease the wheels with stats ....... we only accept bribes like fine Cuban cigars, top shelf tequila, and cold hard cash. :)

HA! I could have probably hooked you up with the Cubans when my brother was living in Ireland. He enjoyed them frequently.

I finished pretty close to my C percentage...55% classified...56% for the match. Still trying to figure out how I pulled two mikes on the Inside clamshell on 8...well we all know how I did it, I just refuse to accept it :D

I didn't get to go out and have that drink but I will tomorrow. Getting one of these matches off the ground is a lot harder than it looks.

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. I will have all of the pistols displayed near the range house if you want to see them.

I had a great time today also. Great to shoot with some new shooters. Yes, Mike! Stage 4 was a mother so pay the man!

Thomas B - PRD

Dana C - LTD

Bart F - Limited 10

Mike M - PRD

Scott M - Limited 10

Dan C. I - OPN

IMG_0196-2.jpg

Really enjoyed the match today. Shooting with good people makes the day go so much easier and fun.

Scott

I thank you but that's 2nd high C.

Thanks to all that helped make this match possible.

As to my first impression on seeing the scores here - dang. I am never going to run my "trick" limited mag with 21+1 again - it, uh, didn't want to stay in the gun on stage 2, where I was only using it for a little extra insurance. The extra time spent because of it cost me 1st C.

Yet again, always stick with stuff you know to run absolutely 100%. Don't try to run some fancy-schmancy stuff that hasn't been hard-tested, especially when it's not really going to give you any advantage in the best case!

:wacko:

(ETA - Oh yeah, the reshoot on stage 8 didn't really help me - judging from the video, the first run looks a tiny bit quicker, and probably didn't have the mike. The light-strike on stage 5 wasn't much fun either. Starting to make me feel better that it wasn't just one screw-up that brought it all down...)

But I can shoot pretty fast for a lowly C-class guy.

Stage 6 - Hosefest- Pistol - Limited

1 Bob V A49056 GM 116 0 8.39 13.8260 120.0000 100.00%

2 Matthew T TY40855 GM 113 0 9.52 11.8697 103.0207 85.85%

3 Matthew F FY62470 C 114 0 9.74 11.7043 101.5851 84.65%

That stage was a lot of fun. :devil:

Edited by Walküre

Thomas B - PRD

Dana C - LTD

Bart F - Limited 10

Mike M - PRD

Scott M - Limited 10

Dan C. I - OPN

IMG_0196-2.jpg

Scott

But on the brighter side, wouldn't that be FIRST Loser? Good Job Man!

Thomas B - PRD

Dana C - LTD

Bart F - Limited 10

Mike M - PRD

Scott M - Limited 10

Dan C. I - OPN

IMG_0196-2.jpg

Scott

Well heck, I don't interpret so well. My BAD!

Everyone who worked to put this match on... Great job. I was very much impressed with the quality of the match, the stages and the staff. There was a great mix of challenges in the stages, and the staff did an excellent job. You should all be proud of a job well done.

I will be looking forward to this match next year.

Congrats to Jake on the HOA in L10.

Thanks to everyone who came out to shoot with us and those that supported us. Our club board members went out of there way to assist us in making this match run well. I want to make sure they know how much that meant to me. Our sponsors gave above and beyond to help me give you folks something to go home with. Please take a minute and write a letter to them thanking them for their support.

It was tough for me on Friday when I "attempted" to shoot a match while being the MD. Somehow it never seems to work out for me.

We learned a lot and we had a lot of fun. Next year we will most likely have match shirts available. (Had a lot of people asking)

I also promise to have ice in the coolers. My bad!!!!

Congrats to all the division winners!!!

Those that have awards and didn't stick around I will be mailing them to you in a few days. If you are local I will get it to you when I see you. While we had over 250 shooters signed up for the match we only had 243 shoot it. Next year I want to see what 250 shooters looks like. For those of you who did stay....we got extremely lucky with the weather. It started to rain just as the last shots were being fired. You couldn't have timed that better if you had to. After almost having rain every day for the last few weeks we get three great days to shoot in. Someone likes me upstairs. B)

Thanks again everyone!!

Edited by dcarter

Huge thanks to Dan & Chris and the all of the staff.

I had a great time. The stages were fun and the match was well run. I even got lucky and shot the stages on "THE HILL" in the morning... glad I didn't have to climb that thing at the end of the day!

Awesome match all around! Fun stages with a mix of challenges. Congrats to all the Division winners.

And a big thank you to Dan and crew for all the hard work to make it a huge success. I have no doubt next year's will be even better!

Had a great time at the match. Congrats to all involved. Your hard work really payed off. Really enjoyed shooting with squad 15. Made some good friends and I have to say, I laughed all day. Now looking forward to traveling to shoot the Indiana Section. I will certainly make the Ohio Sectional next year and hopefully years to come.

Thanks to everyone who came out to shoot with us and those that supported us. Our club board members went out of there way to assist us in making this match run well. I want to make sure they know how much that meant to me. Our sponsors gave above and beyond to help me give you folks something to go home with. Please take a minute and write a letter to them thanking them for their support.

Thanks Dan, I'd like to send them a note. Do you have their names/contact info handy?