Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only the rimfire shooters will be attempting the 1" at 25yd shot, its too damaging on steel otherwise. there will be plenty of precision and plenty of hosing to go around. as soon as I get back from Miss 3 gun, I'll work on getting the stages up, so everyone can over think and stress their way thru the holidays.

trapr

only the rimfire shooters will be attempting the 1" at 25yd shot, its too damaging on steel otherwise. there will be plenty of precision and plenty of hosing to go around. as soon as I get back from Miss 3 gun, I'll work on getting the stages up, so everyone can over think and stress their way thru the holidays.

trapr

You could always use Andy's evil plate rack for the 1" at 25yds shot. (or 2" at 50yds)

(a standard plate rack with a large ar500 plate in front of all the plates with 1" holes to shoot thru, misses on the big plate with holes are no-shoot penalties...) :devil:

jj

according to my post about how to run a good match, "a match director should NEVER have a target presentation that is described as HARD" so I guess you could add "Evil" to that as well.

i guess you could consider the plate in front as a reverse backer that allows you to see where you are missing, just no penalties for doing it.

trapr

trapr

You could always use Andy's evil plate rack for the 1" at 25yds shot. (or 2" at 50yds)

(a standard plate rack with a large ar500 plate in front of all the plates with 1" holes to shoot thru, misses on the big plate with holes are no-shoot penalties...) :devil:

jj

Oh come on JJ :sight: if the plate, with the holes in it,, is NOT spinning,, what's the sport in that??????? :devil::roflol:

what are OK's laws on SBR's? This may be the match to run my 12.5 BCM SBR in just to see what I can do with that Shorty at 300. Shot it at 200 before no problemo, 300, now that should be fun

I don't know the laws but I do know of a bunch of guys shoot them at our local carbine matches every few months. You might ask the guys on this site here. www.boomershooter.com

Don't know if this would work or not but maybe it's worth taking a look at to accommodate those who would like to shoot the rimfire and centerfire.

Those wanting to shoot both guns could shoot the .22LR rifle portions of the stages in 1 day, friday. Then shoot the centerfire stages sat/sun along with the rest. My thinking on this is that there will not be as many .22 shooters (maybe half or less but that's just a guess) so it would go pretty quick on friday. And the friday .22 thing would only apply to those shooting both guns. A shooter only shooting the rimfire would shoot sat/sun like normal.

Details would have to be worked out. Just a thought.

Don't know if this would work or not but maybe it's worth taking a look at to accommodate those who would like to shoot the rimfire and centerfire.

Those wanting to shoot both guns could shoot the .22LR rifle portions of the stages in 1 day, friday. Then shoot the centerfire stages sat/sun along with the rest. My thinking on this is that there will not be as many .22 shooters (maybe half or less but that's just a guess) so it would go pretty quick on friday. And the friday .22 thing would only apply to those shooting both guns. A shooter only shooting the rimfire would shoot sat/sun like normal.

I'd do it for sure! :cheers:

Oh Sure....get a practice run on the match.

Dan, you make a good point. I hadn't really thought about that.

Trapr did mention that centerfire steel targets would be green and rimfire would be red which led me to believe that a stage, say stage 1 for example, would be laid out differently for rimfire than it would be for centerfire.

And then, if you threw in 1/2 size IPSC paper targets for .22 and full size for centerfire it could make for some interesting, but different, presentations on the same stage for rimfire vs. centerfire.

This is just one of the details that would need to be worked out.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that the rimfire shooter would get a different presentation of the stage so it wouldn't be much more of a practice run than doing a walkthru and doping the stage out like we all normally do anyway.

We'll have to see what Trapr and Kurt have to say about all this anyway. If the Bosses says "No, you can't shoot em both" than so be it.

Dan, you make a good point. I hadn't really thought about that.

And then, if you threw in 1/2 size IPSC paper targets for .22 and full size for centerfire it could make for some interesting, but different, presentations on the same stage for rimfire vs. centerfire.

Going by the reputation of these two gentlemen, they may use 1/2 size targets for centerfire, and 1/5 size for rimfire! :roflol:

Oh Sure....get a practice run on the match.

What if we promised to black out Friday night in Kurts garage so we couldn't remember what we did most of the day?

the only people shooting on friday will be the RO's, its hard enough trying to get all of them shot thru plus hammer out the kinks in the stages. With all the RO's shooting in one squad it is too much to ask for an additional squad or allow additional shooters into the squad. If EVERYTHING went as smoothly as planned (hehehe)it would probably work out just fine, however, I tend to be more pragmatic than optomistic and therefore plan for the worst case scenario to occur over the best case scenario.

Pick one division and shoot it. More info to follow in the coming days concerning scoring and stages

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

• 4 weeks later...

Our website has been updated to read High Plains Shooting Challenge, new info will follow shortly, including the entry form, and stages.

Stay tuned for the latest and greatest info, the entry fee does not reflect the cost of the proposed "mulligan" you will purchase that at registration if we decide to actually implement the idea.

trapr