Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

Tapp, Tapp, Tapp, for old Tapp Flavor, Old time Old tapp lager beer.......hey if he is going to make fun of my mustach I can mess with his name!

What Trapr and I are doing is VERY similar to what He is doing....just a hint, but I will let the M.D, fiel this one. Kurtm

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have told me that earlier, i just spent the weekend with Mr. Tapp. Also my name was butchered considerably during that match also, the group guys were having fun with all the variations, but in the end i got even with them, by having my name ahead of their's on the results :roflol:

i do not like the term leveling the playing field, because it really cannot be done, so lets just say I'm trying to remove the ammo capacity advantage.

SONO, I just found the website for STeel City and did not find anything in the scoring that was different from basic "time plus" scoring. I also pm'd Dave, but have not heard back yet, if you can direct me a bit I'll look into the rules some more.

OK, I found the correct rules, DOH!!!!!!!

SONO that is basically what we are doing, except we have to find out if we want to reward accuracy or penalize inaccuracy, there is a difference!!! we will differ in that our floor for "major" will be 308 win, anything bigger is ok but not smaller. Smaller will be "minor", this is only for the Centerfire divisions.

So figure out if its to your advantage to shoot 308 over 223, (hint) there will be a fair amount of paper.

Trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

There should not be a higher penalty for a longer shot, you simply make the shot doable and it forces people to make the shot, because everyone else has made the shot in a reasonable amount of time, the regular penalty is enough.

As for the paper it will be close enough that taping should take no longer than the regular pistol stage, besides ALL the steel will fall, so it needs to be reset as well. Competitors will tape and staff will ensure steel is reset.

trapr

stage diagrams have been sent to my website guy, hopefully they will be up on the site this week, the descriptions will follow when I return from SHOT. But at least you can look at the diagrams and ponder the possibilities???????????

Equipment rules and scoring should be up after I return as well.

on the targets that are different colors, Green=Centerfire, Red=Rimfire. paper is for all.

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog

I guess I'm going to have to make the 8+ hour trip for this one. Are the longest shots still going to be around 300yrds? I assume that is stage 11. How big will those long targets be?

Crazy???? they are very mundane stand here shoot these "few" targets and move to the next stage stages?????????

WH/SH, prone, mag changes, accuracy, paradoxical movement, pivot around in a circle with your forehead on a baseball bat 10 times and load your Rifle and shoot, remove your sights and shoot, shoot one handed, shoot with someone else from your squads rifle, shoot with you feet not on the ground, etc.,......some of these will actually happen etc.

stage descriptions will come very soon, I promise!!! worry about the diagrams for awhile first!!!!

trapr

P.S. did anyone notice the extreme lack of NoShoot targets??? could you be so lucky????????????

Edited by bigbrowndog

Crazy???? they are very mundane stand here shoot these "few" targets and move to the next stage stages?????????

WH/SH, prone, mag changes, accuracy, paradoxical movement, pivot around in a circle with your forehead on a baseball bat 10 times and load your Rifle and shoot, remove your sights and shoot, shoot one handed, shoot with someone else from your squads rifle, etc.

stage descriptions will come very soon, I promise!!! worry about the diagrams for awhile first!!!!

trapr

I had to google half of those big words! I gotta practice my paradomicile movement. :blink:

Sam you can have all the range brass you want!!!!

Hey now! Sam is closer to the ground, but I've got a longer reach....... :roflol:

This looks like a match that everyone will have fun with, no matter how much brass they pick up.

michael

stage descriptions have been sent to my website guy, I'll post the link as soon as he posts them.

Some stages may change slightly regarding actual rounds needed to complete, if anything the round count will increase slightly

Round counts for stages is regarding one shot per steel and 2 shots per paper, Virginia count stages are MAX rounds allowed, a target may be neutralized with only one hit!!!!!

trapr

it would be an advantage to have more capacity, at least 20-30 round mags, you should only need 2 or 3, but reliability is the biggest issue, if all you have is 10 round mags you'll NEED at least 4, but you'll want 6.

there is a stage where you will only be allowed to have 10 rounds in your mags.

trapr

Edited by bigbrowndog