Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 High Plains Shooting Challenge

Cameron,

I pm'd Trapr earlier in the week to shoot with an Austin shooter (he goes by Gorilla Tactical on ar15) that RO'd the Larue match that you and I shot together along with Ben (I'm the other Ben). I was running the 870 pump. You should join us.

Ben

Definitely. I shot my app in right after Blue Ridge so if it got received, you should see me there with sono (Ryan N). :cheers:

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK just to be sure,(I know i'm going to regret this) pm me with your squad requests just to make sure I have them all, please consolidate the requests with your buddies so 5 of you don't send me the same thing. Cameron your app I have, Shakakhan, I have yours too.

Kurt and I have gotten a lot of stressed texts and phone calls and emails from people worrying waaaaayyy tooooo much about targets, sizes and distances, everyone from pistol GM's to beginners is asking us for details, the new guys I can understand the worry but the older more seasoned competitors??????, i've gotten NO messages from the junior shooters. I stated precision targets will be at least 4 moa, I did not want to get into details because i think a small amount of unknown info is good for the excitement, but the precision targets will meet those requirments, they will all be slightly bigger than 4moa, not much.....but bigger. The distances will be from 20ish to 100ish for rimfire and 35ish to 300ish for centerfire. Knowing your trajectory and shooting from other positions besides prone or off a shooting bench will help, there should not be any need to practice how your gun shoots when fired with the sights tilted from vertical, or running thru 200+ yards of sand, or however you will be required to carry your gun and ammo needed to complete the stage :roflol: , no slings will be required.

Trapr

Targets !? with distance !!! ? I forgot to ask

<_< What choke should I put in for a match in sunny weather?

Just for you - skeet choke. The rest of us use cylinder bore. :devil:

No slings - good to know but not many "big" matches require a sling and usually they get in the way.

Yes, Jamie you will probably choke!!! :blush: in order to have a chance at 300 I'd say full is your best option :devil:

trapr

Every body has to be good at something

For the very small 4 moa tgts, do we need to bring smaller bullets?:devil:

I'd like to be squaded with my son......however, after the long drive down from Minnesota, he may not want to be squaded with me.

Tim

Toooo funny! I threaten my son with banjo music, but we do listen to books on tape, on the way to and from RM3G last year, it was "I Sniper" good book,, better book on CD. Need to find a good book on CD for this summer,,

Yes, Jamie you will probably choke!!! :blush: in order to have a chance at 300 I'd say full is your best option :devil:

trapr

I don't think the choke will work with smaller bullets.

trapr

I don't think the choke will work with smaller bullets.

Thanks for the heads up,,, I'll put Duct tape on them so they will be bigger!:ph34r:

Man, you could tell 100 people they are getting a million dollars each, and 3 are gonna worry about it. :wacko:

Are you kidding ? when I was getting divorced 25+ years ago NO Way i could afford to "Win" a million Dollars

my Xwife would demand and get 65% Taxes would get 30% the lawyer would get 25% it would cost $200,000 to win I spent many nights worried I would win and lucky me the numbers would not get picked :blink:

Man, you could tell 100 people they are getting a million dollars each, and 3 are gonna worry about it. :wacko:

Are you kidding ? when I was getting divorced 25+ years ago NO Way i could afford to "Win" a million Dollars

my Xwife would demand and get 65% Taxes would get 30% the lawyer would get 25% it would cost $200,000 to win I spent many nights worried I would win and lucky me the numbers would not get picked :blink:

Now thats damn funny. :roflol:

division break outs after drop outs and division changes are as follows: CFU-21, CFM-62, RFU-8, and RFM-9.

All four divisions will be recognized so don't worry about finding out that yours has been dropped when you show up.

Trapr

• 2 weeks later...

We are located 1/2 Mile North of Sorgum Mill road on Hiawase. We are the SECOND left hand turn you can make off of Hiawase... To get to Hiawase Rd. Go EAST of I-35 on highway 66 throught the Town of Arcadia to the end of the TREE FARM and turn Left! go about 5 1/2 miles and turn left. Look for the H.P.F.C. signs! KurtM

How good is the road to and at the range? Can the range be quite dusty/muddy or

fairly clean? Just trying to decide what vehicle to drive so not to get the wife

too upset. :rolleyes:

Craig

fairly clean? Just trying to decide what vehicle to drive so not to get the wife

Craig

The road to the range is all paved. The range is not and if the wind is anything like yesterday (25-35) everything will be dusty. It is also supposed to be 100 Saturday and Sunday so plan accordingly.

Craig

The road to the range is all paved. The range is not and if the wind is anything like yesterday (25-35) everything will be dusty. It is also supposed to be 100 Saturday and Sunday so plan accordingly.

Thanks. I figured it was typical of about every other range but just thought I would

check for sure.

Craig