Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fullfield TAC30 1-4x24

strat81

If you want to manipulate the SV with your right hand, you do not need to mill anything. If fits perfect as is which are the top two photos. When MGM adds a releif for left ahdn manipulation, then this will be ambidextrous! :surprise:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you want to manipulate the SV with your right hand, you do not need to mill anything. If fits perfect as is which are the top two photos. When MGM adds a releif for left ahdn manipulation, then this will be ambidextrous! :surprise:

Mark thanks for the info!

Jim TY 21785 :cheers:

Had my first few stages with this scope today at FB3G... Must say -- WINNER! I really like it. I need to work more with the reticle to match my load (69gr nosler hpbt over H335). But, even out at 400+ I was close (and it was fairly windy) on my first shot (and I have terrible long range form, so definitely more me than scope).

Now I just need to get the lever from MGM and I'll be set...

I did not use the illumination today, so I can't tell you about the cold weather performance... I have found that in good lighting conditions with targets w/ good backers, I was perfectly happy with the black reticle. I might try with the illumination on for the close in hoser stage tomorrow....

• 1 month later...

so, I still dont hear anything about what the difference between thses TAC30's and the XTR is ?

and, as far as the dots on the TAC being set for yardage, is that with a 50/200 yard zero? I had seen someone post about zeroing for 100 and they didnt match up, I have to assume this is for a 50/200.

Im really thinking about one of these, I'd like a trijicon accupoint but I wish it had other recticles available. I lust after the USO......mmmmm.........

so, I still dont hear anything about what the difference between thses TAC30's and the XTR is ?

and, as far as the dots on the TAC being set for yardage, is that with a 50/200 yard zero? I had seen someone post about zeroing for 100 and they didnt match up, I have to assume this is for a 50/200.

Im really thinking about one of these, I'd like a trijicon accupoint but I wish it had other recticles available. I lust after the USO......mmmmm.........

I accidentally replied in the wrong tac30 thread, so please forgive the double post....

I set my zero @ 100 yards and it was extremely close out to just over 400 (the wind was kicking pretty hard so it was hard to judge past that). I had loaded Nosler 69gr HPBT's for the match, and flashers out to 325 - 350ish were no problem. The farthest flashers gave me a bit of a hard time (425-450ish), but it is the first time I had ever shot that distance, with either the rifle, load or scope................... and my technique was as bad as the wind :roflol: so....

I need to practice more before I get to a match with shots that long again...

MarkCo had a good suggestion in matching your load to the reticle with a good ballistics program... you can run the numbers and match the drop / reticle to your load and know exatly where each mark should hit... This is the way to go especially if you run 2 or more types of ammo. Just keep a cheat sheet / log book with you to know where you will hit.

Mine came in today, it looks like it will be going back to Midway. The scope looks great, but the illumination button doesn't work. I put the battery in and the illumination came on bright, but pressing the button doesn't do anything. I read the button was stiff, but that's not working. I really like it otherwise.

Edited by Red_SC

Still not working, but I can feel a the button press in a little when the cap is loosened. I did get the illumination to change a couple of levels, but it's stuck on a mid-brightness setting now and I can't get it to go either way or turn off.

Edited by Red_SC

• 3 weeks later...

For those thinking about getting one, Midway has the following coupon codes:

$10 off orders of $100 or more - CODE: 10111

$20 off orders of $200 or more - CODE: 20111

$30 off orders of $300 or more - CODE: 30111

These won't work on sale items, or if you have a dealer or C&R account.

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if any of the folks who have had the TAC30 for a few months are still happy with it? (Translation: how are they standing up to use and abuse?) This looks like the scope for me, but I don't want it if it's not going to last.

I assume mine has the most use on it now. It is great still. I can go look at my round counts, but it probably has about 1700 rounds fired with it mounted on my Firebird in the JP mount. While I don't baby it, I would not say I have abused it either. I've been using Burris scopes for almost 20 years and have only had to send in one for repair: One was a friends that took a 300 foot fall down a rocky slope. I have about a dozen Burris optics.

I accidentally replied in the wrong tac30 thread, so please forgive the double post....

I set my zero @ 100 yards and it was extremely close out to just over 400 (the wind was kicking pretty hard so it was hard to judge past that). I had loaded Nosler 69gr HPBT's for the match, and flashers out to 325 - 350ish were no problem. The farthest flashers gave me a bit of a hard time (425-450ish), but it is the first time I had ever shot that distance, with either the rifle, load or scope................... and my technique was as bad as the wind :roflol: so....

I need to practice more before I get to a match with shots that long again...

MarkCo had a good suggestion in matching your load to the reticle with a good ballistics program... you can run the numbers and match the drop / reticle to your load and know exatly where each mark should hit... This is the way to goli especially if you run 2 or more types of ammo. Just keep a cheat sheet / log booui0seaok with you to know where you will hit.

• 2 months later...

I still don't see a review from Benny Hill and the Arkansas shoot?

I was pretty set on the Nikon M223 but after all the research I've done I'm now thinking the Burris Fullfield Tac30 is the best choice for my budget and me as an entry level scope for competing...

Any current updates or reviews on it?

I still don't see a review from Benny Hill and the Arkansas shoot?

I was pretty set on the Nikon M223 but after all the research I've done I'm now thinking the Burris Fullfield Tac30 is the best choice for my budget and me as an entry level scope for competing...

Any current updates or reviews on it?

I've had mine now for about 7 months. Still performeing wonderfully, got another one too. :cheers:

• 5 months later...

Hi to everyone!

I'm new here! I've read all posts from 1st to last site of this topic, but I did'nt found any information about recoil in largers calibers.

Will this scope withstand firing with 8x57IS (Mauser) caliber? I'll use it for hunting (close range to 50m - wild boar). Has anyone experiences with it in the hunt?

Thank you very much for the answers!

Regards,

Bruno from Slovenia (EU)

I've got one on a .450 bushmaster...i think you will be fine. I have Burris scopes on everything from .22 to .340 wheatherby mag, never had to use the forever warranty except for a friend who dropped his rifle down a canyon.

Has anyone experiences with it in the hunt?

I did kill a deer with mine last month, it serves that role well. I've put around 1100 rounds through this rifle with it mounted, and probably 500 on the rifle it was previously on. I still think it's a great scope, especially considering its price.

Edited by Red_SC

Thanks for the fast answers!

I was thinking to buy a Bushnell Elite 4200 421424M 1.25-4 x 24 Rifle Scope illum circle dot, but I see now that there are another good scopes for less money. And there is another thing too - this very interesting CQ reticle for fast targeting and shooting.

• 2 weeks later...

Loving my TAC30 so far.

I weighed it and like others have said, it is not the 18oz you see listed in some place. It is 13.2~13.3oz. I paired mine with a GGGAZ FLT mount, which is around 5.2oz. Total weight with mount ended up around 18.4oz

The button can be a little finicky though.

Is there a trick to getting these crosshairs straight? Even when I think there good they end up looking crooked ..lol

I find that viewing the crosshairs from behind the butt rather that from shooting position allows more accurate leveling...

And Burris optics is the bomb! Rifle scopes, spotting scopes and red dot...you get the most for your $$$!

Edited by kamikaze1a