Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fullfield TAC30 1-4x24

strat81

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=460800

Currently, it's a Midway exclusive. I'm trying to find out what reticle is in it, but I think it's similar to what's in their AR-332 Prism sight.

Based on the FOV listed, it looks like it's true 1x. I'm not big on the color, but the color of a scope won't be what makes me look stupid at the range.

Thoughts?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A picture of the reticle is provided right next to the scopes picture on the Midway sight. It's somewhat confusing though. I can't tell if the outer ring in the picture is part of the reticle or if it is supposed to be the outer limit of the FOV.

Looks to be a nice scope though.

A picture of the reticle is provided right next to the scopes picture on the Midway sight. It's somewhat confusing though. I can't tell if the outer ring in the picture is part of the reticle or if it is supposed to be the outer limit of the FOV.

The image on the Midway sight shows the reticle which is maybe 1/8th of the FOV. The outer ring IS part of the reticle. It works VERY well for shooting the "dot" on close range targets and the BDC goes out to 500 yards (the negative hole in the outer ring being 500 yards for the 62 grain load).

I am not sure in what configuration they may become available in 2011, other than the Midway Exclusive, but I have asked the sponsor rep at Burris and if I get info I can post, will do so.

The image on the Midway sight shows the reticle which is maybe 1/8th of the FOV. The outer ring IS part of the reticle. It works VERY well for shooting the "dot" on close range targets and the BDC goes out to 500 yards (the negative hole in the outer ring being 500 yards for the 62 grain load).

I am not sure in what configuration they may become available in 2011, other than the Midway Exclusive, but I have asked the sponsor rep at Burris and if I get info I can post, will do so.

I know there isn't much detail known yet about this scope, but would I be correct to assume it is in between the Millet DMS ring (12.5 moa) and the Eotec (60 MOA)? Roughly estimating it based on the 500 mark being on the ring seems it would be around 45 MOA give or take depending on zero.

Am I anywhere near the mark?

If so, I'd consider swapping my Millet for one of these if the eye relief and exit pupil are any better.

I know there isn't much detail known yet about this scope, but would I be correct to assume it is in between the Millet DMS ring (12.5 moa) and the Eotec (60 MOA)? Roughly estimating it based on the 500 mark being on the ring seems it would be around 45 MOA give or take depending on zero.

Am I anywhere near the mark?

If so, I'd consider swapping my Millet for one of these if the eye relief and exit pupil are any better.

I think you are pretty close there. I think they say the negative dot on the outer ring is 600 yards, but based on where I zero, it is more like 500. I've seen it in the literature both ways.

FYI, the CQ reticle (which this one has) is dimensioned here for the Prism 332 sight: http://www.burrisoptics.com/ar332.html

Just remember that the outer ring is only 1/8 or so of the total FOV.

I called Burris this morning to ask about this scope. I spoke to Justin. He said the reticle is based on a 62gr FMJ and the aiming dots are calibrated out to 600 yards.

The scope is currently only available in brown and currently only available from Midway. It should be available in January/February with a matte black finish.

The reticle should be the shitz for 3Gun... Looks like it will really rock for the shorter distances that the huge majority of our shots are taken with the aiming dots for the "occasional" shot at longer ranges. I am trying to get one now....

The reticle should be the shitz for 3Gun... Looks like it will really rock for the shorter distances that the huge majority of our shots are taken with the aiming dots for the "occasional" shot at longer ranges. I am trying to get one now....

I'm with you Merlin. But, I'll wait till the black version is out.

I'm with you Merlin. But, I'll wait till the black version is out.

Did they mention if the black one will be priced the same as the Midway model? The brown isn't so bad that I would want to pay a premium for the black one. I wonder if brown one is a limited run and will be dropped once the black one is available.

I decided to call Burris today as well. My question was technical so I thought that not many on this forum would know it yet, so I thought I would share the results. My question was this: "Will the TAC30 1-4x have the same daylight illumination characteristics of the AR-332 Prisim?" My thought was that it is a different piece of equipment and the manufacturer might change the electronics. After speaking with Brian at Burris he assured me that the optic used the same electronics and battery as the prism site, so the brightness would be the same.

I also asked if Burris had plans for a 1x-???x (7 or 8) and he said there were no plans at this time, but he takes such requests weekly and sends them on to their engineers. My message to him was - "Build One!"

Here's to hoping! :cheers:

Cheers,

Kyle

Edited by DocMcG

So do we know the country of origin? The AR332 is made in China and the Fullfield series is made in the Phillipines, from what I've read. Do we have a Chinese scope and Chinese electronics or a Filipino scope with Chinese electronics.

So do we know the country of origin? The AR332 is made in China and the Fullfield series is made in the Phillipines, from what I've read. Do we have a Chinese scope and Chinese electronics or a Filipino scope with Chinese electronics.

Is this a rhetorical question... or is there a point....? cool.gif

Is this a rhetorical question... or is there a point....? cool.gif

Have you had any experience with the AR332? It's a cheap Chinese scope that's way overpriced for what you get.

I ordered one. I've been trying to get stuff together and shoot 3gun for awhile. I was debating the millet DMS and other stuff around $2-300. I'd would have preferred black too, but there is a local 2 gun match in few weeks and I am determined to go.

I'll post a review when I get it. I have zero 3 gun experience so it may not be that informative, but we'll know more. Maybe some of the guys at the match will look at it too.

I have zero 3 gun experience so it may not be that informative, but we'll know more. Maybe some of the guys at the match will look at it too.

Let us know how it is for light transmission. Also, please make note of how the adjustments and illumination dials move.

I have zero 3 gun experience so it may not be that informative, but we'll know more. Maybe some of the guys at the match will look at it too.

Let us know how it is for light transmission. Also, please make note of how the adjustments and illumination dials move.

I'm also curious about how strict you have to be with your cheek weld. Some scopes are terrible for shooting on the move.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered one. I've been trying to get stuff together and shoot 3gun for awhile. I was debating the millet DMS and other stuff around $2-300. I'd would have preferred black too, but there is a local 2 gun match in few weeks and I am determined to go.

I'll post a review when I get it. I have zero 3 gun experience so it may not be that informative, but we'll know more. Maybe some of the guys at the match will look at it too.

Any updates?