Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Burris Fullfield TAC30 1-4x24

strat81

Burris sent me one last week & I like it better. I like the bigger center dot, 2 1/2 in. instead of 1 in, The circle is right for hoser stages & I use the big dot for anything out to 300 yds. Will have it at Arkansas match next week. The illumanation is a lot brighter than before & the off & on is great.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got mine, haven't been able to get to the range and likely won't shoot the match I wanted with it. Benny may be a better reviewer. Anyway-

The first pic shows it mounted. I don't shoot quite nose to charging handle. If I did, the scope would need to be moved forward slightly. The "adjustment knob" facing the camera is a button that activates and adjusts reticle brightness, and holds the battery. You push and hold for 5 seconds and it turns on at the brightness level last used. There are 10 brightness levels. Every time you push the button it will toggle through brightness levels.

I took it outside in the sunshine and it was clearly visible on the top few brightness levels. This is October Minnesota sunshine, not July Arizona sunshine, but I think it will be visible in bright sunshine.

Second pic shows the adjustment knob, 0.5MOA/click. You can turn it with your fingers or a penny.

Benny can maybe comment on this, because I have no other 1X scopes to compare it to-

at 1X it really isn't 1X. You can tell some magnification difference. It is more obvious the closer the object you are looking at, so it may be more noticeable to me while looking at stuff in my house vs a match.

I am not sure if it is better/worse than other scopes in it's price range.

post-13858-083626200 1287414380_thumb.jp

post-13858-007731500 1287414748_thumb.jp

Burris sent me one last week & I like it better. I like the bigger center dot, 2 1/2 in. instead of 1 in, The circle is right for hoser stages & I use the big dot for anything out to 300 yds. Will have it at Arkansas match next week. The illumanation is a lot brighter than before & the off & on is great.

Benny,

Could you write us up a review after Arkansas? I am very interested in the "hold-offs" on the reticle, how accurate they are with your loads, if it if 1st or 2nd focal plane, etc. Would really like to hear from you on it! :)

Pretty please and thank you! (Can you tell I am in optic limbo at the moment?)

Cheers,

Kyle

Benny,

Could you write us up a review after Arkansas? I am very interested in the "hold-offs" on the reticle, how accurate they are with your loads, if it if 1st or 2nd focal plane, etc. Would really like to hear from you on it! :)

Pretty please and thank you! (Can you tell I am in optic limbo at the moment?)

Cheers,

Kyle

:sight::sight::sight:

Leatherwood Hi-Lux CMR 1-4X24mm Rifle Scope and Burris AR-P.E.P.R. Mount

I have read good things,,, and for $250 wow,, I have spent,, more money on less scope,

just helping stir,,, your POT,,, sorry,, ok just a little,,

Jim

Ha Ha Jim! I would actually like to see one in hand, but have not come across it yet. I am leaning toward the Horus Blackbird 1.5-8x, the Burris XTR or a couple of other stragglers, but no final decisions yet. The reticle on this Burris has me intrigued! ;)

Cheers,

Kyle

Edited by DocMcG

Retical is in 2nd plane so it does'nt get smaller or bigger like the hores vision. On & off button for brightness, mine comes on with a touch & hold for 5 sec. to turn off. Returns to previous setting with a touch. True 1x on mine. Will know more after ark.

Ha Ha Jim! I would actually like to see one in hand, but have not come across it yet. I am leaning toward the Horus Blackbird 1-4x, the Burris XTR or a couple of other stragglers, but no final decisions yet. The reticle on this Burris has me intrigued! ;)

Cheers,

Kyle

I am running the Burris XTR,, and load my ammo to match the Ret,,, I like it,, and it works, (BTW I shoot 69's past 200 yds

but for $250 I too want to get a hands on and give the Hi-lux a look

Jim

Looks like I will be running the new TAC 30 1x4 at AR MG as well. I'll also have my new prototype carbon fiber handguard. I'll be on the squad with the Marines, so hard to miss. If you want to check out these new parts, look me up.

Mark, do you like the illumination? (Benny has already said he doesn't like red.)

Right now I like it. Let me shoot it in a match under some varied conditions and I will know better. On my 1.5-6 XTR, I only used it on 3 stages all year, but it really helped on those. At 1x on a hoser stage, I am thinking I am going to enjoy myself.

Here it is on red, 1x looking out the office window, slight overcast outside. I went in and out of very dark, full sun, overcast etc. I am liking it more and more as I use it. It appears to be right at 1x for me.

post-6388-037667600 1287701394_thumb.jpg

I'm looking at one of these too. Trying to decide if I want to go this way or with the cheaper Leatherwood CMR. I like everything about the scope except the reticle .. I like more of a TMR reticle.. but I think I'm going to order one and see how it works. Midway is usually really good with returns just in case. I'll post a review also when it arrives.

I look forward to more feedback. I have an LRP-07 and I'm wanting to get a 1-4X for it. I don't think I really need to get a 1-6X or new 1-8X. I already have a Meopta K-Dot on my .223, but I'm willing to try something new out. Besides, at $299 you almost can't go wrong.

The sale is good for one more month, so I look forward to what others think comparing it to other 1-4X like the TR24, K Dot, etc.

I am running the Burris XTR,, and load my ammo to match the Ret,,, I like it,, and it works, (BTW I shoot 69's past 200 yds

but for $250 I too want to get a hands on and give the Hi-lux a look

Jim

Here's a bit of info on the Hi Lux.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115105

Some more info on the CMR:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=502005

Just finished the Arkansas Section MG using the Tac30 1-4x. It worked very well and I like it a LOT! It was fast and on the one stage I used the illumination, it worked great...brightness was perfect. While the 300 yard stage got pulled before I shot it, I did shoot this scope out to 200 before the match, @ 2, 3, and 4x. Stage 10 had one target out at about 115 yards and I got my hits, leaving it on 1x. In fact I never took it off 1x for the entire match. I could do without the "T" bar above the center dot, but other than that, Burris did a great job on this scope. The glass is clear and the few shots I took "almost" into the sun were no big deal. For matches with the longest target under 400 yards, this is what I am going with. I think I'll stick with the 1.5-6 XTR for Blue Ridge and Rocky Mountain.

Just finished the Arkansas Section MG using the Tac30 1-4x. It worked very well and I like it a LOT! It was fast and on the one stage I used the illumination, it worked great...brightness was perfect. While the 300 yard stage got pulled before I shot it, I did shoot this scope out to 200 before the match, @ 2, 3, and 4x. Stage 10 had one target out at about 115 yards and I got my hits, leaving it on 1x. In fact I never took it off 1x for the entire match. I could do without the "T" bar above the center dot, but other than that, Burris did a great job on this scope. The glass is clear and the few shots I took "almost" into the sun were no big deal. For matches with the longest target under 400 yards, this is what I am going with. I think I'll stick with the 1.5-6 XTR for Blue Ridge and Rocky Mountain.

Thanks for the quick review. How big is the circle? I was guessing it was around 20 moa?? Does it seem big, or did it frame the targets pretty well?

Thanks for the quick review. How big is the circle? I was guessing it was around 20 moa?? Does it seem big, or did it frame the targets pretty well?

Actually, It is smaller than the XTR reticles, much less clutter! The outside of the circle is like 14 or 15 MOA, not sure exactly since I did not get a retail box. However, on the 115 yard target, at 1x, the circle was inside of the edges of a full sized IPSC target by a few inches. I turned on the illumination since there were some black angles on the paper targets at about 40 yards, worked great and kept my shots centered in the scoring zone! I am pretty used to the XTR reticle and for the first 6 stages I kept increasing my speed on rifle. It was my first match using USPSA scoring, a new scope and a new handguard, but I feel that now that I am used to it, this scope will allow me to have more speed on rifle than what I used before.

Not sure if this has been asked, but how forgiving is this scope to eye alignment? I was looking at the 1x4 nikon m-223 till i saw this. I have handled one of the nikons and it didn't seem real critical like some scopes i have used. But then again i have never owned a 1-4x before...