Burris Fullfield TAC30 1-4x24

strat81

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started out with a Millet DMS, and took a step up to this. I can't believe I used the Millet. This is worlds better than the DMS. The eye relief is VERY forgiving and I can put my cheek just about anywhere on the stock and see the reticle. I can move all the way from the back of the stock to nose to charging handle and clearly see the reticle. The field of view is fantastic. I didn't expect to see my brake in the glass, but there it is. So far, the only negative I have is the windage knob does not click when moving left. I also dislike being unable to zero the knobs, but that won't be a huge issue with the bdc. I look forward to shooting it.

Im still waiting for my rifle to put it on... but from what i can tell, i agree. Its a nice piece. looking forward to trying it out later this week.

eta- my knobs click in both directions, so if it bothers you i would call Burris, or think about sending back to Midway.

Edited by DWFAN

Im still waiting for my rifle to put it on... but from what i can tell, i agree. Its a nice piece. looking forward to trying it out later this week.

eta- my knobs click in both directions, so if it bothers you i would call Burris, or think about sending back to Midway.

It does bother me, but once it's zeroed, I really won't have to mess with it. Plus, it's a pain in the ass to take it off the mount, ship it back, etc....I can live with it.

All,

Has anyone run any tests with the bdc on this reticle with different loads/bullets? Benny said he was going to put together a bit of a review, but he might be a bit busy at the moment. I would love to hear some range results and know where the different hold-offs are at for different loads/bullets.

Cheers,

Kyle

All,

Has anyone run any tests with the bdc on this reticle with different loads/bullets? Benny said he was going to put together a bit of a review, but he might be a bit busy at the moment. I would love to hear some range results and know where the different hold-offs are at for different loads/bullets.

Cheers,

Kyle

If you guys are waiting on Benny for a review consider this........ It's hunting season....devil.gif

The deer are not the only thing around here whose necks swell up followed by total loss of concentration.... roflol.gif

Ok I was looking at buying one of these to put on my Smith & Wesson MP-15 (the one with the magpul furniture). The problem I am seeing is that most of the mounts I have looked at have a 1.5" centerline (of scope) height over the rail which doesnt clear the mbus rear sight that came with the rifle and are a little less expensive (say a hundred). The only option I am seeing is the LaRue Lt 135 with a 1.93 centerline. For a gaming gun I dont NEED back up sights, but I would like to have them available. Would I be better off to spent that extra hundred dollars (plus or minus some) to get another back up sight (assuming I can figure out one that fits under a 1.5" scope center line), go without back up sights and just run a 1.5 " (and cheaper, say the armalite) mount, or just go ahead and get the LaRue?

How are you guys mounting yours, and are they working with a backup sight setup?

Yes mincing arround over $100 is stupid, but I dont want to have to purchase things twice and I want the setup to work right the first time.

Ive tried to find information online for what bullet and velocity this reticle matches up with. Page one mentions a 62gr FMJ, is there a standard velocity for that bullet, or will any other weights match up close with it?

They use a 62 grain FMJ @ 3025 fps. It does not really matter than much. You figure out your MOA holds and correspond that to the scope MOA marks. I've shot 50s, 55s and 69s and I keep a sheet for the different holds, if I need to vary loads. Usually, I don't need to.

I got one today, though it will end up on a short 6.5 Grendel upper. In all likelihood it'll never go past 200 yards, so it matching up with the dots isn't a big concern. (building a "hunting upper", which I need like a hole in the head, because my 74 other hunting rifles aren't enough. :roflol: ) If it doesn't work out for that it will end up on my .22AR

I've only played with it a little, but it seems to be a nice little setup. I kind of have my doubts on the longevity of the push button control through, as well as the circuitry associated with it, I can see that giving up somewhere down the line.

I won't really know till I have it on a rifle and take a proper look, but I keep thinking targets will be hard to pick up through that busy reticle when they start to get way out there.

It has made me start thinking about my Meopta. I love my K-Dot, and it's a far superior piece of glass.... but.... it sits in in the safe 350 days a year. Is it $500 better those handful of days I actually use it? :unsure:

Edited by cas

Mine just showed up a half hour or so ago. Initial impressions are favorable, but it is NOT a true 1X. I would guess 1.1-1.2. You can still shoot it both eyes open though. Its an overcast day here, but max illumination seems very bright.

That's exactly my experience. I am going to have to see another one, because others in the thread say theirs is. Maybe ours need to go back? Although at this point it doesn't bug me too much.

Mine just showed up a half hour or so ago. Initial impressions are favorable, but it is NOT a true 1X. I would guess 1.1-1.2. You can still shoot it both eyes open though. Its an overcast day here, but max illumination seems very bright.

You can guess, but I put it on the chart and at 50 yards, it is a true 1x.

I do not have this scope, but Iwith my DMS object that I look at inside my house appear larger in the scope @ 1x than with the naked eye, but outside where I can view 20 yds or more things appear to be the same size through the scope and without the scope. I haven't figured that one out yet.

Are you guys comparing objects that are inside 20yds?

How do you do this? I'm curious if mine is faulty. When I say it I think it is not 1X this is what I mean-

If I shoulder my rifle and look though the scope with both eyes open I can definitely see a difference in size in what I am looking at though the scope and not through the scope. If I pan around, it is almost like I can see a wave effect as objects enter and leave the field of view of the scope. At distance I am sure it would be less noticeable. I am seeing this indoors, talking 10 yards and in.

Kevin you posted as I was. What you describe is what I am talking about. I don't have much scope experience, I have a 2.5-10X and a 4-14X and the burris. I have no way to compare it to anything else so your post makes me feel better I guess.