Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord. Quite the statement made by the IPSC guys in the Production Division.

Yeah- but I wish they had some mapping to USPSA classifications... are they always 'U'??? Some of these guys compete in USPSA a bunch and still show up as 'U'.

Edited by lugnut

Good lord. Quite the statement made by the IPSC guys in the Production Division.

Yeah- but I wish they had some mapping to USPSA classifications... are they always 'U'??? Some of these guys compete in USPSA a bunch and still show up as 'U'.

Classifications in IPSC are optional.

ETA: Link: http://www.ipsc.org/classification/whatis.php

Edited by ChuckS

Ramas,

10 field courses?

Or the standard 3-2-1 IPSC stage ratio?

Actually 14 stages in one day, no matter what where ratio... :)

Can it count :)

Pussies :D Last year we had to shoot SCW Trophy (17 stages) in one afternoon. And BTW De Cobos will win. :P

I refreshed it and it still shows from two days ago?

Same here...

Unless I am mistaken, I think JP was in the top 3....guess-timating as 4 field stages are not entered in his name,..at roughly 530 -/+ pts absent from those stages. Must have done well...?

Edited by Mo Hepworth

This was my first level 3 match so I did not know what to expect. What I got was a very well run match with RO's that knew what they were doing and did a great job. All the stages except #8 where well set up, thought out and ran like clockwork. The plates on #8 were a bit of an issue. If you hit the plate on the base and it did not fall you had to reshoot the stage. That one stage took a lot of time for most of the squads. One guy on our squad shot it at least 3 times.

Frank, Manny and the whole crew were very good and always around when needed. They had good communication and when something needed to be done it was handled quickly. It sure seemed like they were everywhere.

Somebody early in this thread talked about making sure you knew where your gun shot at 25+ yards and they were correct. Lots of tight long shots. The longest was a 8" +- plate at 32 yards sitting on the ground with a barrel next to it. When we got there the sun was just coming up behind the bay so it was very hard to see in the shadow. Out of the 11 people in our squad I think 3 hit it on the first shot. Several people left it standing. I was one that hit it on the first shot and then proceded to miss the same size plate at 15 yards on the other side of the bay. There was another steel target with steel cover around it and I thought I had missed it because it was so hard to see but, I guess by blind luck I hit it.

The best part of this match to me was the people on the squad, all but one were helping on every stage, they were easy to talk to and on guy was a lot of help to me. Rene helped my D class brain figure out a few of stages that were just not working out for my Single Stack gun.

We had one person on the squad that would spend most of her time scouting the next stage and taping instead of helping tape the stage she was on. Then when we got our five minutes to figure out the stage she was always in the way.

My last thought is about that 5 minutes to figure out the stage. With 11 people on the squad it is very hard to get enough time to get comfortable with the more complicated stages. Some of these like #9 took a long time to figure out. I even heard guys like Travis T say he was just not ready to shoot the stage when his turn came up. Too many people on the course and too little time to look at it. I guess the woman that was skipping out on her stage to scout the next one had a pretty good plan.

The other part that was cool was getting to see the top shooters shoot. One word, WOW! I saw one stage where Travis T did a reload so fast on a dead run that the mag was behind the last target he shot even though he was standing 2 fee from it when he shot it while running by it. I saw it but I am not sure I beleve it happnened

All in all a great day and I for sure will be back next year. I will have spent a bunch more time at the range on long tight shots!