Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3Gun Training

assaulter

A 3G class by kurtm would be like getting a basketball class from Bill Walton-great fundamentals, great skills and a history that speaks for itself. kelly's no slouch, but he be getting bad guys.

Since Kurt is about 35 years older than me, he does does have a history that speaks for itself.

I would highly recommmend that anyone take a Bennie Cooley class if you can.

That would make Kurt about 40, I think.. Bennie is great.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that's a good thought as Chris Sechiatano always finishes in the top 5 in Tac optics division. Rockcastle is a real nice place where Blue Ridge was held and the Pan Am shotgun match

Edited by ap3

Let me say that again. I can probably arrange to have Kurt lead a class at RockCastle with 1 or more assistant instructors. The facility is huge and we can manage a larger group of people.

This and or a class in WV sounds very appealing to me. I was already planning on shooting the BRM3G in April so Rockcastle really isn't too far awa for me.

Looks like we are going to have a class the first of March using Kurt and Chris. With Fort Benning just around the corner and Winter no far away this will be our earliest time. If you are legitimately interested(that means you are going to put up money for a deposit), then PM me. The club location is Summitt Point Shooter We are on the West Virginia panhandle an hour out of Washington DC.

Albert

Edited by ap3

Bill Walton??!? I was hoping it would be more like getting a class from the coach from the movie dodgeball

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a bullet ricochet....

Hear that Erik? :rolleyes:

Craig

Dam, you all gotta let that one die.....dont poke the bear!!!!

Bill Walton??!? I was hoping it would be more like getting a class from the coach from the movie dodgeball

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a bullet ricochet....

Hear that Erik? :rolleyes:

Craig

Dam, you all gotta let that one die.....dont poke the bear!!!!

Ok, but that was a good one :roflol::roflol: (I mean Craigs joke)

• 5 months later...

Just finished the class with Redneck tactical (Kurt and Trapr), and it was excellent. My only regret is that we should have just done rifle and shotgun as the entire class had good proficiency with pistol. I learned a lot of aspects of my game that is killing me for time, but is easy to change. If your going to take a class this year I would definately reccomend RedNeck Tactical.

• 1 month later...

Fiddler, if you got a range and around 15 guys to throw in I will be happy to work with you on doing a class. I have been doing quite a bit of teaching as of late and I am happy to travel. KurtM

Does anyone know of any 3 gun classes this summer in the Rockies or Pacific Northwest?

The Oct class in OR is full however, Rob and I will be in Medford, OR in Sept of this year and it still has spots. Our class is set up on a structure (or the idea that it would be a class we would like to take ourselves).If your interested, check out some of the over 200 photos on facebook from our class in TX and FL to get an idea what the class looks like. Between the shoot off, stages, prizes and instruction, people really seemed to enjoy it. So much so, we had a demand and added 2 more classes to the initial 4 we were planning on holding for this whole year.

I know Kurt and Trapr, think they are great guys and I imagine they put together and offer a great course too. Kurt is Mr. Weakhand after all, so no one better to learn that technique from in the states than him.

Edited by cold

Thanks Jansen, after teaching at Gun Site, and on my own since 1992 I like to think I got some of it figured out :D

Any teching you get is worth it, I recomend that you ask the instructor/instructors their philosophy and match it to your desires. That way you don't end up disapointed in what you get. For instance it would be frustrating to get a rifle class with competition in mind from a SWAT operator, as would a "fighting class" from a GM who only wants to teach competition.