Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

where is everyone getting their brass from

nxfedlt1

i get my brass the old fashioned way:

off the ground.

out of an estimated 25k rounds fired using all different conditions of brass i have had 1 case failure where the sucker exploded in my gun and it didnt really hurt anything.

Edited by Field

• 1 month later...

May be a violation of this Forums rules, and I apologize ahead of time, but I have had good luck with jbmoney21 over on ww.thehighroad.org. Good brass and cheap.

No relation with this guy, just good brass at a reasonable price.

Edited by glynnm45

I get most all my brass from working Area matches. The brass that I don't reload for I sell.

Can I have mine back? I shot a lot of "lost brass" matches this year and I lost a shit ton of brass. <_<

I don't mind "paying the RO's" with some of my brass, but I think I should be able to pick it up as long as I'm not holding up the squad or the match. There are enough people that don't pick theirs up to "pay the RO".

Oh yeah, +1 for Bobby @ Freedom Gunworks. ;)

im planning on working the State match this year as i hear thats a good way to get brass. :closedeyes: (plus itll be a good learning experience for me)

i bought some from a forum member quite a while back and its been good, but a few lost brass matches and i realized im starting to get low again :unsure:

Edited by Corey

I get most all my brass from working Area matches. The brass that I don't reload for I sell.

Can I have mine back? I shot a lot of "lost brass" matches this year and I lost a shit ton of brass. <_<

I don't mind "paying the RO's" with some of my brass, but I think I should be able to pick it up as long as I'm not holding up the squad or the match. There are enough people that don't pick theirs up to "pay the RO".

Oh yeah, +1 for Bobby @ Freedom Gunworks. ;)

No you can't have it back... But I will say thanks for the brass.

90 officer police department, qualify 4 times a year, all required to carry 45 acp...... :cheers: I've got several thousand yet to be tumbled and prepped and probably 10k tumbled.... Also we now carry 223s and qual twice a year 250 rounds per qual per officer.

RO/work monthly matches. At least at our club, I get what I need from my stage after shooters have cleared out. Usually plenty of time until the next squad comes in to gather up what they chose not to pick up.

I keep the 9, give the 40 and 45 away to anyone who relieves me or helps me on the stage.

My gun club now has a "brass cleanup policy". Totally sucks. The only way I can figure out how to get around it is to ask the guys shooting next to me if I can have their brass. It then becomes mine and I'm allowed to pick it up. Another way is that on weekdays, I pick a range that isn't being used by anyone. Preferably one of the ranges that gets lots of classes. I'll set up my targets, shoot my drills, pick up the brass left behind by the classes. It's usually beyond the "normal" firing line where the range personnel can't sweep it up with a broom. Most of what I find is 9 and 40.

As for finding 45, some days I'm lucky, some days I'm not. Most 45 shooters seem to know the value of their brass. I was shocked to hear some guys were keeping it to sell for scrap. They had no idea the true value of 45 brass.

I got mine from guys listing on gunbroker. I looked for the good deals, and then sent them a PM asking for more details and prices on larger amounts. Then make the deal via email, pay direct and cut out gunbroker. I paid $105 shipped for qty of 4,000 9mm, now I'm sorting out the head stamps I don't want to run in 9mm major loads. I'll sell those off locally. Next time I may get pre-sorted headstamps; I'll know after this batch if I want to sort.

Edited by jid2