Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How do you deal with Glocked Brass

RangerTrace

Been running a U-Die on my 650 since I started reloading 3 years ago on the recommendation of shooters from this board. I never bother case checking unless it's for a major match and I might get 1 in 300 that don't pass the gauge (They all still fired in practice) but I can only remember 2 in 12,000ish 40 rounds that didn't chamber and only a roll-sizer would have fixed those.

Edited by JoshF

Case Pro.

Not only for Glock'd brass, but also because roll sizing the cases makes (at least to me) the 650 run more smoothly. Much less work (effort) sizing...all the cases are reasonably consistent. I still case gauge all my ammo, but that's more of a personality type issue. The prep work and reloading process is fun (when everything's working, broken stuff in never fun).

550B, regular Lee sizing die, Redding Competition seating die and a Hornady crimp die. Haven't failed a case gauge in 2,000 roundsor more.Most of my brass has been once fired through a Glock, but shot in a STI .40 Limited gun by me. Adjust everything as well as you can on the press.

For a while I was running all my brass for the .40 S&W throught a U die before loading them on my 650 using Dillon dies. I tried just reloading a few just on the 650/dillon dies and found out in my case that I didn't need to take the extra step with the U die.

I am running s G35 with a Storm lake barrel and I am using range pick up brass. From the range into the tumbler, into the casefeeder, into loaded rounds.

Had a GRX like push through die on a single stage. Now I use a Case Pro.

Actually, with OEM barrels, the failure rate on rounds sized just with Dillon SDB dies was virtually zero, even after two or three reloadings. However, it wasn't a zero failure rate, hence the change. Now I only gauge major match ammo; I'm confident enough with the Case Pro that the rest I let slide.