Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

JP Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun 2011

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget, Jesse wants to shoot in the Junior Shootoff!

:sight:

May need to see the birth certificate? :ph34r:

I think I heard Jesse was born in Hawaii.

Hawaii is a state that has that Birth Certificate thing down pat.

I saw it on the Internet so it must be true!:devil:

That would be She :D

Jim

Jesse T, who is not eligible to be a team captain for the ladies or junior shoo-off. As opposed to Jessie P., who is eligilbe for both.

Maybe Jesse can make the Shoo-off...If you do Jesse, I'll shoot with you. :cheers:

Sorry, bad typo, should have been "Shoot-Off."

What's wrong with shooting buckshot at Arial targets?

Um, it is in the air...

As a court endorsed ballistics expert, I'll give you a "textbook" answer first. For a 12 gauge @ 1200 fps, the maximum fallout range of #8 shot is 198 yards with a Tv of 82 f/s. The maximum range of 00 buck is 726 yards with a Tv of 140 f/s.

In a practical sense, at RM3G, you can not see 4/10ths of a mile, and we don't close down the whole place. Your shot could fall on another range, hikers, a road etc. The #8 shot Tv is below the skin penetration threshold while the 00 buck Tv is above the skin penetration threshold. The skin penetration threshold is variable given the variety of parameters.

For comparison, #2 shot (also at 1200 fps mv) has a maximum range of 330 yards and a Tv of 99 f/s which is below the skin penetration threshold.

I can betwly hit a human size target I aim at. I could shoot buckshot all day in the air and about the only thing in danger would be my shoulder. Lol!

Sorry to be grumpy, but I just wanted to remind everyone that there are NO WALK-UPS at the match! :angry2:

I have gotten as many people off the waitlist as I can, in fact more than I should've. Even if a couple people are no shows, we will still be full. I know everyone thinks that one more won't make much of a difference, but in the last week, I've had almost 20 people try to convince me that their "just one more" won't matter.

Rocky Mountain is very tight on time with the long distances between stages, long distances covered during shooting, reset, etc.

I am truly sad that some of my favorite people didn't make it in this year, and I've wiggled and squished as many in there as I can and still put on what we all want to be a quality match!

Please don't drag your friends along with you only to have them be dissappointed. I still have people on the waitlist and it wouldn't be fair to them to let somebody who didn't even send in an application get in, when people who sent them in back in February didn't make it!

There might be a little movement and someone might get a last minute phonecall or e-mail as well.

Enough grumpiness! See many of you soon, and I tried really hard to make everybody happy, but...

Denise

P.S. Please don't send someone in your place either. If you're not coming, let me know and I'll contact someone from the waitlist. I do not like surprises! :surprise:

Edited by Benelli Chick

Finally! It's the JP RM3G Target Count! Thanks again to our MAJOR match sponsor: JP Enterprises! :bow:

Here's the TARGET count...That's NOT Round Count. That's just number of Targets! :devil:

Stage-Rifle-Pistol-Birdshot-Slugs

---1-----25

---2-----15------7-------12-------2

---3-----9------11------------------8

---4------------------------36

---5-----14-----18-------(2)

---6----(10)----32

---7------------11(8)---11(8)-----3

---8-----10-----12-------12

---9-----15---------------6--------9

TOT:--88------91-----79------22

Over 40 of the rifle targets will be past 100 yards!

Longest shot is planned for 600ish!

Please be sure your rifle ammo has no steel in it. We will magnet it on all the rifle stages.

You WILL NEED a rifle sling.

Don't forget, Juniors - bring extra ammo, because the top 4 juniors will get to participate in the JP RM3G Ergo Grips Junior Shoot-Off for the $3750 cash provided by Ergo Grips. Winner of the shoot-off will receive $1500! Juniors will be using their own guns and ammo for the shoot-off.

Bring extra money to buy doorprize tickets for the Trijicon Shooter's BBQ/Junior Benefit. We have guns, scopes, safes, prints and all sorts of great things! Thanks to Trijicon for paying for the dinner, Coors for providing some beer, and JP Enterprises, Firebird Precision, Stack-On, Brownells, Blackhawk, Dillon, Vortex, ESP, Do-all Outdoors, 511 Tactical, Truckvault and of course Trijicon (and hopefully others) for the fabulous prizes!

The Quantico Shooting team and others will be helping out again this year and collecting for the Wounded Warrior Project! You have been very generous in the past! We look forward to contributing in your name once again. :cheers:

Bump the round count to the bottom as it took me 10 minutes to find it again. lol!

Bump the round count to the bottom as it took me 10 minutes to find it again. lol!

Jesse, et al, that is a TARGET count. Based on those numbers and having shot and worked this match for several years, I will be taking:

400 rounds of rifle, 400 rounds of pistol, 250 birdshot, 60 slugs.

Yep

I calculated the same numbers B)

Yeah,...and I have to load all of it :o

But I am just about finished :cheers:

Jim

WTF Jim? The match is 2 weeks away and you are finished with loading ammo? That's just not right. Aren't you supposed to wait until the night before? :devil:

What day are you guys headed up there?

Jesse, et al, that is a TARGET count. Based on those numbers and having shot and worked this match for several years, I will be taking:

Since I have never shot this match before and it's rumored to be a long range rifle contest how many of those 90 or so rounds are past 100 yards? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to start working nights to pay for more high $ ammo or if I can run wolf on some targets.

Since I have never shot this match before and it's rumored to be a long range rifle contest how many of those 90 or so rounds are past 100 yards? I'm just trying to figure out if I need to start working nights to pay for more high $ ammo or if I can run wolf on some targets.

Over 40 of the rifle targets will be past 100 yards!

No steel projectiles! (A'la Wolfe ammo) do everyone a favor and put a magnet to all your ammo's bullets. Steel cases do not apply, just the bullets. This steel projectile ban also includes shotgun steel shot/slugs and if you happened to find something rare, steel projectile pistol ammo. This is for two reasons; steel damages steel targets (no arguments, these are RM3G's targets) AND the range bans steel projectiles for fire hazard concerns.

Half of the rifle targets listed are "longrange" steel targets, 80-600+ yds.

.jj

OMG! Denise got hurt again building a stage, and took it out on the stage design/setup while I was climbing mountains with steel in my backpack. Sorry...

Monsoons are starting, and a bit of green is starting to grow, finally. That's the up side, the downside is a monsoon may unload while we are shooting. Don't fret it much thou, it usually is gone in 1/2 to an hour then everything drys up. Its also a welcome cooldown from the midday heat which, and I don't care what Mark says, is friggin hot. So don't forget your rain gear! And these storms are very local, as in 1-2 stages may be getting rained on and the rest are dry...

More stages going up tomorrow...

.jj

Sheesh... hot in north NM... go south and west. Get you some humidity. And some good ole thick coastal air... 100+ degrees and 90+% humidity everyday during the warm season. And we only have two seasons here: summer and christmas.

Going to RM3G is my vacation every year, looking forward to the cool temps all year long. Oh and the shooting ain't half bad either. ;)

Sheesh... hot in north NM... go south and west. Get you some humidity. And some good ole thick coastal air... 100+ degrees and 90+% humidity everyday during the warm season. And we only have two seasons here: summer and christmas.

Going to RM3G is my vacation every year, looking forward to the cool temps all year long. Oh and the shooting ain't half bad either. ;)

Actually, four seasons in Texas. Christmas, Early Summer, Summer, and Still Summer!

Edited by DinosaurMikeGolf