• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: IAIN H

Classification

LIMITED Class: C Pct: 59.45 High Pct: 59.45

PRODUCTION Class: C Pct: 53.30 High Pct: 53.30

And a C class sandbagger shooter shall win it all. :surprise:

CONGRATULATIONS IAIN :cheers:

Weren't there enough GMs there to warrant a bump??

Classification

Well yes--probably. But let's not go there. If Iain got bumped, I would have to

compete against him in B. :roflol:

For those suggesting its somehow unAmerican, I challenge you to think that its ABSOLUTELY American. A soldier from the UK moves to the US to continue pursuing a passion for shooting... an activity BANNED in the UK... I think its the perfect American story.

Yep, been there... done that cool.gif

I've compete against Iain at the Ironman 3 Gun the past 2 years in Trooper. I got him him 2009, he got me in 2010. It's only natural that a 3 gunner would win this thing; its the most versatile skill set of any the contestants had.

Congrats Iain, I was rooting for you!

Edited by SinistralRifleman

Ian gets an honorary GM card. Honorary, so he doesn't have to compete against JJ. And JJ should be required to shoot the rest of the season, strong hand only with a single action revolver. ;)

I also think the Brit winning America's Top Shot is a great story but if it happens again we'd better be gearing up for World War 3 because damn that's embarrassing.

Did I miss something here or not??

In the game of Horse, Iain said "Smith and Wesson, double action, two hands" and in the clip where he shot it, the hammer was back in single action mode which makes it a much easier shot, yet when JJ ran it, he shot it correctly as a double action, which would make the shot more difficult.

I'm calling foul... (either that or he had the trigger staged for a LONG time)

Dave

Edited by Taildraggerdave

great finale!!! now if we can only get season 2 to have 10 episodes just like it!!

Was sad to JJ go, but he left with honor as i expected. Going into the final, I had a feeling it would be Iain who won. fantastic close finish at the end, couldnt have asked for a better ending!! :cheers:

It was Win for all of us, to show the whole country that

the shooting sport is fill with nice guys and gals.

Not just a bunch of red nicks shooting up trash cans etc.

No one got kill and had a great time with all kinds of guns and other arms.

What really impressed me is that I've been hanging out with Iain and his wife on a regular basis since the end of the show and neither of them gave even a hint as to the out come.

In case you have never had the pleasure of meeting either of them they are outstanding human beings.

I've compete against Iain at the Ironman 3 Gun the past 2 years in Trooper. I got him him 2009, he got me in 2010. It's only natural that a 3 gunner would win this thing; its the most versatile skill set of any the contestants had.

Congrats Iain, I was rooting for you!

I was right, it had to be a 3 gunner !!! ;):cheers:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108164&view=findpost&p=1230051

Edited by el pres

Congrats to Iain! That guy was a hard-nosed competitor and certainly deserved it. Chris is no slouch either, and again, he made some of the most impressive shots on the show. Try shooting a 9lb double action trigger at a nail on National TV with 10 rounds practice! But it was great shooting, and I respect both of those guys immensely! JJ went out with class- which is what he's all about. That guy never swears, and is one of the most humble, honest guys I've ever met. And he's going to kick my ass in Piru next week!

I had a few clues. Last week I read a classified document that only included Iain and Peter and thought sure it was going to be Peter but I was half right/wrong.

Also, for those who are anal about attention to detail, replay last nights episode. Unless I missed it they never once said, "America's Top Shot" once it got rolling. They simply called it "Top Shot".

Anyways, the last two episodes are what I was hoping the whole show would be like.

Last night, the shooting was great!:cheers:

Edited by Sarge

Classification

Nope because USPSA does not classify in multigun or long guns. Iain's win (well deserved) points out exactly why USPSA needs to classify in more than just pistol.

Classification

Nope because USPSA does not classify in multigun or long guns. Iain's win (well deserved) points out exactly why USPSA needs to classify in more than just pistol.

Congrats to Iain!

Edit- I moved my comments to a new thread in the multi-gun match admin forum. Sorry for the derail.

Edited by Bryan 45

I think the final four were not there by luck. I am staring to think that their military training or background helped at least three of them. JJ is of course the best pistol shooter, but Iain was always cold and ready. Pete should be in the entertainment business, very nice personality!

Did I miss something here or not??

In the game of Horse, Iain said "Smith and Wesson, double action, two hands" and in the clip where he shot it, the hammer was back in single action mode which makes it a much easier shot, yet when JJ ran it, he shot it correctly as a double action, which would make the shot more difficult.

I'm calling foul... (either that or he had the trigger staged for a LONG time)

Dave

I noticed the same thing. I know that through the season the editing has been horrible. So, he might have actually made the shot that mattered double action but then they had him stand there with the gun and he just accidentally pulled the hammer back for the pose. The director, editor, producer or someone should have gotten things like this right. But, we are likely the only ones to see it.

That being said, this was a GREAT episode. I was amazed at JJ being eliminated. It looked like a simple strategic mistake which has happened to a few others. But, JJ on the dueling tree is exactly what you expected to see. To think that he beat Chris by that much and then Chris beat Peter by the same shows how far apart Peter was from JJ. Maybe someone needs to make a video for Youtube showing how easy it is to shoot a dueling tree and not miss at a lowly 25'ish feet. :roflol:

THIS is exactly what the whole season should have been. Can't wait for next season.

Also, ALL the shooters did a good job. I hope Tara is back for next season.

Chris