Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPTICS PLANET

EEH

I have had mixed results with back ordered items from Optics Planet. Sometimes the item is shipped within a reasonable amount of time and sometimes I cancel because it isn't back in stock after weeks of waiting. I tried the Live Chat feature last week to ask a question about the closest focal distance for a pistol scope. Live Chat did not work. The guy on the other end of the 800 line checked with someone else and came back with a reply which was essentially, "Yes, it will focus at the distance which you specified but you should consider purchasing a more expensive pistol scope because the reticle will not drift as much with the more expensive scope."???? I knew that it was pointless to ask for additional information.

Good customer service and great prices, but I call to check if what I want is in stock. They won't tell you on the website and a back order could be a long time.

Kevin

that's what I was asking about,,,the internet order page says everything is in stock,,

Edited by EEH

Just ordered a safari land 3 gun case for dirt cheap from them. Immediatley got a backorder email. It took them about three weeks but they have shipped it 2 days ago. I got the case for about $60 less than anywhere else so... Back order vs. Price.. It would've been nice to know it was out of stock ahead of time but can't complain about savings. We'll see what happens when it gets here.

I've ordered over a dozen times from them - they have great prices, but over 70% of the time I get a backorder notice. I eventually get everything, and have had no quality problems with their items. None of the stuff has been gray market - everything has U.S. warranties.

I've just learned not to order anything that I need right away.

I have ordered several items from Optics Planet and am pleased with their service and prices. They send out discount coupons and codes to customers after your first purchase. The discount codes I have received ranged from 5% - 15%. Gives you a "good" reason to buy more stuff.

Phil G