Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Multi-Gun Nationals

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just rolled in earlier today from Vegas. Excellent match. Squad 11 was above and far the most fun to shoot with group I've ever been with. Shot an okay match. Learned a whole lot from my squad and figured out more stuff I need to work on. Can't ask for much more than that.

Here is my attempt at putting together a match video. This is new to me so I'm still working out the kinks. I only got the camera up and running for 8 or so of the stages. Big thanks to Kurt Miller, Pat Kelley, and Mike Pinto for adding in a few random sound effects :D . Denise Johnson is the background chatter you hear for the most part ;) .I think I have some more footage of a certain Mr. Miller and P.E. Kelly on some of the other stages. I'll try to get that uploaded tomorrow evening.

Thanks to all of the Staff and R.O's and again to Charlie Brown.

This year the match would have happened . . . but with out your hard work we would just still be there shooting today. one of the smoothest running matches I've ever shot. though next year I've got to get on a squad that does not shoot 6 stages on the first day

Looks like there were a lot of DQ's. 180 traps? People going down range of unsafe guns?

My understanding was the majority of the DQ were due to shooter/gun issues. Examples, ULSC-Boom, whoops forgot to take the mag out of the Saiga :surprise:, several AD's during remedial action.

I had two on my stage, one for a shooter that had a jam with his rifle and after three loud finger warnings would not get his finger off the trigger while trying to clear his malfunction. It turned out to be some sort of issue with the safety. He ended up having to cycle the safety several times to complete the ULSC. The second was kinda strange. He had a malfunction in the dark and slammed the back of the slide to force into battery. The gun discharged, when he slammed the hammer home. He is lucky he did not get cut when the slide came back. He said he had the finger off the trigger, but it's still a DQ. No broken gun alibi anymore. :o

Jay

CRO Stage 10 "The Surefire Dark house stage"

Just got home after 18 hours of road time and 5 days of baking in. Vegas. Shot the worst match ever and still had more fun then one should be allowed. Thanks Kelley's, Johnsons, Chandler's and the rest if the squad. Ended up 5th and then shot my irons in the 3gunnation shootoff. See you all later.

M

DQs on the stage I worked, #2, were for breaking the 180 while grounding the shotgun. If you stepped forward and used the wall for support you had to back up at least two steps, we had a couple of shooters who only backed up one step and swung around to dump the shotgun. Both were painfully obvious. Worked really hard on the stages we built to eliminate 180 traps, moved targets to the opposite sides of barrels so they wouldn't be visible if you were trying to break 180. Got lucky enough to work with a CRO who is taking the RM course so he was conscientious about everything, including 180 traps.

DQs on the stage I worked, #2, were for breaking the 180 while grounding the shotgun. If you stepped forward and used the wall for support you had to back up at least two steps, we had a couple of shooters who only backed up one step and swung around to dump the shotgun. Both were painfully obvious. Worked really hard on the stages we built to eliminate 180 traps, moved targets to the opposite sides of barrels so they wouldn't be visible if you were trying to break 180. Got lucky enough to work with a CRO who is taking the RM course so he was conscientious about everything, including 180 traps.

Larry. On our squad we had a person do just that and was sent home.While we did all we could do to help prevent '180' traps the shooter still bears some responsiblaty. The only thing I can thing of is that if this was becomeing a problem the RO's could have warned the shooters that if you step forward of the dump barrels to shoot take a step BACK when you dump the shotgun. All in all I thought this was a very good match, maybe over shadowed a bit by the 3 gun nation stuff but so be it . Thank you Larry and Brownnells and all the set up crew, RO,s and sponsers the score girlys and all the shooters that came out to play.. Larry LeBeau PS nice vids TC......

Edited by Larry LeBeau

Larry- as always the help of the locals, like you and Charlie, Bruce and more, was critical to getting the whole thing set up. The 180 on the barrels didn't seem to be a big problem, with only two. I don't remember if the first was on Friday or Saturday, the second was on Sunday. Interestingly, when folks would stage their rifle in the front barrel, most would instinctively try to dump their shotgun in that barrel only to have to pull it back, step back and dump. I assume that was because they were naturally trying to avoid the 180. Fascinating to watch all the different shooters go through, their styles and differences.

:cheers:

11 DQ's out of 156 shooters just seems high to me. Maybe it's not? :wacko:

7% about par

Smokshwn 12 th in open congrats... had to be the saiga !!!!!!!

No not the saiga....Craig in one of the magnificents :cheers: ...Just like YOU Larry :D

Jim

Don't know about being one of the magnificents but I do know my Firebird Saiga ran like a scalded cat!

So much so there were several RO's commenting on it.

Thank you West!!!! You might have leaned some new cuss words from me but that's about all.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of shooting with Mr. Chandler he has NO FEAR when running a shotgun!

And knows full well how to make the other two guns work.

Thanks again for the videos.

Patrick

Poor West! Quiet guy on a squad where I had to fight to get a word in. He's just standing there all quiet, while the big dogs are figuring things out, and then WHAM!!! He's flying through the stage like lightning!

We're all looking at each other like who was that man! And he got stick with the comedy squad!

It was great to watch him shoot and shooting with the great shooters that can shoot and laugh at the same time!

Denise