Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GLOCK 34 W/ ISMI 11LB RECOIL SPRING RANGE REPORT

G34 CORDY

I just got back from the range with my G34, I have a 13LB ISMI recoil spring and capurted steel guide rod that I have been shooting in uspsa production and loved it. So I figured if I like the 13lb spring maybe I would like the 11LB also. From my experience the 11LB spring worked 100% and had less muzzle flip. My buddy shot it also and said it really felt better and shot flatter. I have a vanek grandmaster trigger kit with a reduced power striker spring so the gun does not come out of battery when I pull the trigger which is great. Iam very happy with the ISMI 11LB recoil spring, Iam going to shoot this setup at my next uspsa match this sunday to see how it works in a competition setting.

Hello: I have tried quite a fee different spring setups in my G34 and keep going back to the 13 lb ISMI recoil spring. It just give a little margin of extra springing and settles back down quicker for me using my handloads. Do some "Bill Drills" with the different springs at 10 yards or so with a timer to see which is faster for you. The timer tells the truth all the time :roflol: Thanks, Eric

You might not be aware that the Grandmaster trigger kit has a trimmed trigger safety, which is an external modification and thus illegal for use in the Production division.

Curtis

You might not be aware that the Grandmaster trigger kit has a trimmed trigger safety, which is an external modification and thus illegal for use in the Production division.

Curtis

Hopefully he has the new Classic Grandmaster Trigger. That is what I have in mine for production.

I just got back from the range with my G34, I have a 13LB ISMI recoil spring and capurted steel guide rod that I have been shooting in uspsa production and loved it. So I figured if I like the 13lb spring maybe I would like the 11LB also. From my experience the 11LB spring worked 100% and had less muzzle flip. My buddy shot it also and said it really felt better and shot flatter. I have a vanek grandmaster trigger kit with a reduced power striker spring so the gun does not come out of battery when I pull the trigger which is great. Iam very happy with the ISMI 11LB recoil spring, Iam going to shoot this setup at my next uspsa match this sunday to see how it works in a competition setting.

Hello: I have tried quite a fee different spring setups in my G34 and keep going back to the 13 lb ISMI recoil spring. It just give a little margin of extra springing and settles back down quicker for me using my handloads. Do some "Bill Drills" with the different springs at 10 yards or so with a timer to see which is faster for you. The timer tells the truth all the time :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Do you guys mine if you can share your dataload. Bullet type/grn & powder type/grn usuage, etc. I'm thinking of switching to a 13 lb/lighter recoil spring.

Thanks in advance.

Curtis

Hopefully he has the new Classic Grandmaster Trigger. That is what I have in mine for production.

Right you are, Kevin. Charlie's offerings are a little more complicated than they used to be. Thanks for the correction :cheers:

And I wanted to add, over time I've found that a 9mm load at around 136 PF (3.3 grs of Titegroup with 147 gr Zero JHP) and a 13# ISMI recoil springs offered better functioning and reliability than chasing loads that are too light in my G34. As always, YMMV.

Curtis

Edited: 'cause I hate tipos typos!

Edited by BayouSlide

Glad to hear it Cordy! So, how much money have you sunk into a stock Glock now (jab, jab!)? Don't say I didn't warn you about modifying guns! Pretty soon you'll be moving that sucker up to Limited with major ammo, and doing more mods! :roflol:

Seriously, do whatever it takes to make the gun fit you better. :cheers:

Edited by GrumpyOne

I'm thinking about trying a 15 and MAYBE a 13 in my 34. Funny how bad experiences can stick with you forever. I screwed around with light springs and weak 147 loads in another gun and it gave me nightmares. Now I only run 124's and am still scared to change springs.

But it did not keep me from putting a Vanek in. :wacko:

I'm thinking about trying a 15 and MAYBE a 13 in my 34. Funny how bad experiences can stick with you forever. I screwed around with light springs and weak 147 loads in another gun and it gave me nightmares. Now I only run 124's and am still scared to change springs.

A Sargeant, scared? I've heard it all now! :roflol:

I freely admit it! One of the scariest things in a match, bang, click, rack, bang, click...

One of my old sergeants back in the day used to yell at us, "If you're scared say you're scared!" :cheers:

I freely admit it! One of the scariest things in a match, bang, click, rack, bang, click...

One of my old sergeants back in the day used to yell at us, "If you're scared say you're scared!" :cheers:

Well, at least you have a big deck! Just don't let the dogs and racoons gnaw on it! :roflol:

PS. I always thought the scariest thing in a match was either a squib or an AD. Both would generally have me wishing for a bathroom nearby. :sick:

An 11lb recoil spring is running the ragged edge of an OOB even with a reduced striker spring. It might work now, but that spring is going to lose power over time. Not worth the potential gun problems IMO. 135pf 9mm ammo and a reliable running gun will get you far in this game. Just seen too many guns turned into puking machines chasing that next best level.

I have thought of the same thing about the #11 being right on the line of being reliable. Iam keeping the #13 in my range bag as a back up until the #11 goes south then in goes the #13 again. I dont have any problems putting the #13 back in but right now Iam going to play with the #11 until it gives me problems. I know where you guys are coming from but I have it so I might as well play with it. And for my own personal observation to see how long the #11 will last. I would hate to have to take out the #11 because I really like the way it performs right now, I going to do some bill drills soon to see if either makes a difference or not.

Had a few problems with light strikes running a 13. Switched to the 15 and have not looked back. Many thousands through it now.

I dabbled with the 11 when it came out. Initially was fine, over time felt it getting softer - did not care for that. They all feel great with a few hundred rounds. It's after that...

I have been running an 11lb ismi with two coils cut in my G34. this shoots very nice. The loads are at about 129pf with n320, 147mg. I have had it set up like that since January and 100% reliable. Just my setup, not recommending

the gun does not fire out of battery. but my orginal question was does it batter the gun.

I've shot around 2,000 rounds of it in my G19 and 3,000 rounds with the same 11lbs spring in my G17 and no signs of damage so far. With 125gr-147gr bullets going 125-140ish pf loads. 11lbs was perfect for the G19. I feel the sights return slower on the G17 but the grouping was much more tighter than when i used a full 13lbs spring.

Edited by edison

• 2 years later...