Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

found this on the net..thought it was funny

GIO

yrs ago talking to Bill of cyclender an slide, he said the best thing to happen to his business was the dremel tool!!!!!!!! one slip at 30K rpm's an its cha-ching!!!!! nope my dremel stays far far away from my guns, i leave that to the qualified gunsmiths

Reminds me of a poster someone made of a barrel I got from a customer who thought he might have messed up his barrel trying to fit it.

so wait a minute, you're saying my barrels <shouldn't> look like that when I'm done? :roflol:

I should have read this.

Anybody want a less than 2 hrs old/non-functioning (but otherwise perfectly good) Nighthawk Custom SS ambi safety? <_<

ahh, no problem, just peen out the fitting pad and bring out the files and dykem. unless you went totally nuts on it with a belt sander, you should be able to peen out enough material to refit it and it's a lot less embarassing then having to bring it to someone to get material welded on. not that i've ever had to do that before...

Oh no. It's toast. That happened a couple months ago when I was putting together my first single stack.

Here's how it went down: Rip open box from Brownells, "Huh, safety won't go in. Oh there's the problem. Here this should get rid of that useless metal." Ten minutes later: "Son. Of. A...."

Yeah I felt like an idiot, but I have it in a ziplock bag pinned to the pegboard of my workbench to remind me to THINK before I CUT.

I told a older (more experienced) gunsmith friend of mine and he just laughed and said he could put together about 2 fully non-functional 1911's from all the ruined parts he's got in a five gallon bucket under his bench.

Edited by Will_M

Oh no. It's toast. That happened a couple months ago when I was putting together my first single stack.

Here's how it went down: Rip open box from Brownells, "Huh, safety won't go in. Oh there's the problem. Here this should get rid of that useless metal." Ten minutes later: "Son. Of. A...."

Yeah I felt like an idiot, but I have it in a ziplock bag pinned to the pegboard of my workbench to remind me to THINK before I CUT.

I told a older (more experienced) gunsmith friend of mine and he just laughed and said he could put together about 2 fully non-functional 1911's from all the ruined parts he's got in a five gallon bucket under his bench.

look at the bright side. if you ever screw up the right side of your new(er) ambi safety, you've got a spare hanging in bag at the top of your bench :cheers:

• 1 year later...

Yeah I figure if I only ruined one part, I came out alright.

What's that expression......

"MEASURE TWICE......CUT ONCE..."?! :rolleyes:

Wait.... So you're saying I shouldn't try to make slide cuts using my dremel...?

I used a Dremel to put a S&A Magwell on a Para one time. It had to have about 1/8 inch cut off the bottom. I was real proud of my work. Now age has made my eyes so bad, I wouldn't attempt to do anything like that again. I would pay a gunsmith to do the work now.

Yeah I figure if I only ruined one part, I came out alright.

What's that expression......

"MEASURE TWICE......CUT ONCE..."?! :rolleyes:

My version is "Measure twice, Cut once, Weld, Repeat".