Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My new EAA Witness Limited is ready to rumble

CHA-LEE

My new EAA Witness Limited is all done and ready for some live fire testing. I got is all done tonight and am very pleased with how it turned out. I put a boat load of time into this gun to get it just right and a lot of the work done isn't very obvious but totally functional. For example, I rounded off all the sharp edges of the frame to make the gun fit nicer in my hand. This blaster should enjoy the competition shooting environment it will be going into. Listed below are all of the modifications I made to the gun along with some pictures. :cheers:

EAA Witness Limited .40 S&W Upgrades

Henning iFiber Front sight

Henning Smooth Aluminum Grip Panels

Henning XL Firing Pin

Henning ConeFit Guide Rod

Henning Pins (Trigger, Hammer, Sear, Pin Pin, Slide

Canyon Creek Stainless Steel Magwell (Welded on)

Custom Extended mag release button

Frame & Slide sand blasting and hard chrome coated

EGW Hammer

EGW Sear

1.75lb Trigger Job

Wolff 10lb Recoil Spring

Wolff 13lb Hammer Spring

Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring

HC_Limited_L1.jpg

HC_Limited_R2.jpg

HC_Limited_L3.jpg

HC_Limited_R4.jpg

chbrow10> I had a friend weld on the magwell then I cleaned it up and blended it. I traded him some trigger work for the welding so it really only cost me some time. I am sure that Canyon Creek can weld it on for you but I am not sure what he charges. The welding part is pretty easy. Blending it is where a lot of elbow grease is needed.

lord torquestick> I got the sand blasting and hard chrome done at a local place called Denver Metal Finishing. They did a great job and it was very reasonable in price. It cost $115 to sand blast two slides, one frame and a couple of small parts. They were able to turn it around in 5 business days as well. This is way better than sending it off for IonBond or similar which costs at least three times as much without shipping and takes many weeks to get done.

Here is the real issue with the front sight. I like black on black sights without a FO in the front. I also like a .090 wide front sight. The only person who makes a .090 front sight is Henning and he just so happened to have an early prototype of the FO front sight without the FO holes drilled through the front and back posts. Since this is the only .090 front sight option I have currently, that is what I use. Henning is suppose to come out with a dedicated single blade solid front sight that is .090 wide. When he comes out with that I will switch it over. But until then I am stuck with the limited sight options I have.

I was able to get out to the range and put my new blaster through its paces. I got it sighted in at 25 yards and ran 100 rounds through it in varying shooting conditions. It ran without a single issue. The only thing that I needed to change after shooting was to smooth out the checkering of the front and back straps a little bit. From the factory this gun has a very aggressive checkering on the front and back straps of the grip. The points of the checkering were a little too sharp for my liking so I smoothed them out ever so slightly and now its perfect. I can slip my hand over them without feeling like my hand is running over a cheese grader but when I grip down on the gun the checkering digs in and creates a really nice amount of traction. I can’t wait to get this bad boy into action during the next match.

My new EAA Witness Limited is all done and ready for some live fire testing. I got is all done tonight and am very pleased with how it turned out. I put a boat load of time into this gun to get it just right and a lot of the work done isn't very obvious but totally functional. For example, I rounded off all the sharp edges of the frame to make the gun fit nicer in my hand. This blaster should enjoy the competition shooting environment it will be going into. Listed below are all of the modifications I made to the gun along with some pictures. :cheers:

EAA Witness Limited .40 S&W Upgrades

Henning iFiber Front sight

Henning Smooth Aluminum Grip Panels

Henning XL Firing Pin

Henning ConeFit Guide Rod

Henning Pins (Trigger, Hammer, Sear, Pin Pin, Slide

Canyon Creek Stainless Steel Magwell (Welded on)

Custom Extended mag release button

Frame & Slide sand blasting and hard chrome coated

EGW Hammer

EGW Sear

1.75lb Trigger Job

Wolff 10lb Recoil Spring

Wolff 13lb Hammer Spring

Wolff Extra Power Extractor Spring

HC_Limited_L1.jpg

HC_Limited_R2.jpg

HC_Limited_L3.jpg

HC_Limited_R4.jpg

The gun looks awesome. The hard chrome finish is a big improvement over the stock finish :)

Did you decrease the width of the safeties? Is there anyway to fill in the square hole from the removal of the slide stop? those are the only things I don't like on my gun.

zinnmeister> Yes, I cut down the width of the safeties to the same width as the "Match". The stock width would get in the way and I would end up bumping the safety back on with my support hand. It does not take much time to cut them down but you have to get them coated afterwards or they will rust pretty easy. If you like the thinner safeties but don't want to cut down your Limited ones you can use some "Match" ones. They should drop right in.

As for the hole in the side of the frame for the stock slide lock lever, you can have it welded up and smoothed out. But that is a lot of work for a little bit of vanity. To me, its not worth the effort or $$$ to weld it up.

I just put a small square of grip tape over the slide lock lever hole. Not so much for looks but just so everyone would stop pointing out that I have a hole in my slide. Funny, nobody has asked why I feel the need for grip tape up there.