Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What platform are you running? (Primary)

G-ManBart

Okay, I know we've had polls over cartridge choice and other things, but I don't recall one on what gun platform people are shooting. Since the equipment survey from the Nationals isn't necessarily representative of all USPSA competitors this might be a little bit more accurate. Let's see what the numbers turn out to be, and if you're in the "other" category, let us know what it is you're using.

If you have more than one, pick the gun that you'd choose to shoot your biggest match of the year if it was starting in a couple of days. R,

Edited by G-ManBart

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have four open guns two STI 5" and two SJC Glocks, one polymer and one stainless.

Tim

Good point, I should have asked folks to vote for their primary choice in case they have multiples...in other words, what they'd pick for the biggest match of the year that started in two days. R,

Chris, I went to the dark side and purchased a SVI. Still not really shootin it yet, waiting until after SS Nationals to start it up.

Yeah, I heard about that....<evil laugh>....yet another fly caught in the web :devil:

Since the equipment survey from the Nationals isn't necessarily representative of all USPSA competitors this might be a little bit more accurate.

Actually, the USPSA surveys are probably more representative than this forum... :lol:

Since the equipment survey from the Nationals isn't necessarily representative of all USPSA competitors this might be a little bit more accurate.

Actually, the USPSA surveys are probably more representative than this forum... :lol:

Could you provide a link to the Surveys.

Actually, the USPSA surveys are probably more representative than this forum... laugh.gif

I agree with Dave. How do we know if ANYBODY filling out this survey would actually attend the Nationals? There should be a place to indicate that as well.

I think you should split STI and SVI/Infinity.

I'm not really interested in brands or gunsmiths, or the name on the side, only platforms. No, the two aren't "identical", but they are the same platform, came from the same roots, and generally parts from one work on the other....plenty of SV frames with STI slides and vice-versa. R,

Actually, the USPSA surveys are probably more representative than this forum... laugh.gif

I agree with Dave. How do we know if ANYBODY filling out this survey would actually attend the Nationals? There should be a place to indicate that as well.

Actually, neither would be a good indicator! How many shooters go to the Nats and shoot open? Last year there were 281. We probably have half that many people who frequent this forum. The USPSA web page says that there are 4897 shooters with Open classifications other than U. This is an interesting survey but it is pretty much forum centric.

JMHO,

Chuck

I think you should split STI and SVI/Infinity.

I'm not really interested in brands or gunsmiths, or the name on the side, only platforms. No, the two aren't "identical", but they are the same platform, came from the same roots, and generally parts from one work on the other....plenty of SV frames with STI slides and vice-versa. R,

Yup, my Para-framed guns have STI slides!

Obviously there isn't a way to know if someone filling this out would attend Nationals, but that's not really the point. I'm simply curious about the breakdown of platforms for all the BEnos member Open shooters. There are a lot of BE members that will never shoot Nationals, but they're still Open shooters (or at least sometimes are).

The problem with the Nationals data is that you're not forced to fill it out, and Nationals competitors are a sub-group within a small group. At one of our local clubs there are two people shooting Open that probably will never go to Nationals, but they enjoy it. Their setup is a bit interesting; Glocks with comps, iron sights, no big sticks, shooting 9 Minor :huh: Hey, if they're happy, I'm happy, but that isn't a setup we'll likely see at Nationals. I think there might be more folks out there doing something along those lines than we (or at least me) realize. My thought was to see if the numbers here differ significantly from what they collect at Nationals...just as a gee whiz sort of thing. R,

Okay, I know we've had polls over cartridge choice and other things, but I don't recall one on what gun platform people are shooting. Since the equipment survey from the Nationals isn't necessarily representative of all USPSA competitors this might be a little bit more accurate. Let's see what the numbers turn out to be, and if you're in the "other" category, let us know what it is you're using.

If you have more than one, pick the gun that you'd choose to shoot your biggest match of the year if it was starting in a couple of days. R,

I have basically 3 open or lets say 2,5.

1 was my first open I build myself as a student nearly 20 years ago. It was a single stack 1911 with a bushing comp on the slide and a very old Tasko ProPoint. It is still lying around but I have not shot it for years

2 my Glock open. Pictures in a treat on the Glock forum

3 just got a SPS this week but no range report yet