Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ft Benning 3-Gun Challenge 2010

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the waiting list messages have been sent. This part of the job sucks. :(

There are always 200 hundred happy people & at least double that number on the waiting list. And every year, close friends are so high in the waiting list numbers, I am certain they will not have a chance to shoot the match. But the reality is that we cannot put 600 plus shooters in the match.

For the first 25 on the waiting list, things look pretty good. The next 25 (up to 50), I promise to work hard to get you into the match.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2010 Ft Benning 3 Gun Statistician

Cheryl #8...Rod #9 on the wait list!! I am really Happy!! Who would have thought that a wait list could bring joy :) Thank you Linda, although it is 12AM here so you are into 2:00AM!!!

I appreciate you notifying me...you are always the best!

Cheryl :)

Hmm... Trying to get in from Hawaii on an iPad may not have been the best idea. No email yet :(

Got the email at dinner #255 and confirmed for the match!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few months.

Full ViewFt Benning Registration Code

To: stacylmccord@yahoo.com

Full ViewFt Benning Registration Code

To: stacylmccord@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Stacy McCord

Your Registration code number is: 17

Congratulations! That number means you will be confirmed to shoot the match after you complete the next step:

I will have the application available by Sunday, May 16, 2010. I will notify you at that time by email. I plan to have an application where responses may be typed in. Please type your details before you print the application. It is difficult to get the spelling right when I get over 200 handwritten applications. You must type your code number in the box on the upper right of the application & mail the completed application with your check. You will get a confirmation letter via email provided your application is postmarked by May 31, 2010.

Applications mailed after that date will go to the back of the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Jeff Cramblit

Your Registration code number is: 18

Congratulations! That number means you will be confirmed to shoot the match after you complete the next step:

I will have the application available by Sunday, May 16, 2010. I will notify you at that time by email. I plan to have an application where responses may be typed in. Please type your details before you print the application. It is difficult to get the spelling right when I get over 200 handwritten applications. You must type your code number in the box on the upper right of the application & mail the completed application with your check. You will get a confirmation letter via email provided your application is postmarked by May 31, 2010.

Applications mailed after that date will go to the back of the waiting list.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

looks like we arein the match

Woke up to the good news! Can't wait to see y'all in December! :cheers:

Thank you Linda! I know it has been a long week for you, but we all appreciate your hard work and dedication to our sport. :bow:

The entry went very smooth this year: Thanks for your help too, HighLordGomer!

Edited by HS101

#61 on waiting list, I'll just go ahead and take the days off now and hope the God's shine down on me by December. All I want for Christmas is to shoot @ Ft. Benning!

Linda,

The fact that you were able account for duplicates, get all confirmation and wait list e-mails within hours of the nearly 1200 applicants is amazing.

I had to back out a few days before the match last year and I consider myself very fortunate to be #15 this year. Thanks for all of your work on this and it's great that FB3G is back again in 2010!

Damien

Thanks to each of the folks involved in getting this sign up thing working smoothly. I'm sure as stressful as it was for us, it was way more stressful for you guys. Very sorry for those that didn't make it.

My hat is off to you all!

MLM

Well I heard that since some of the guys are over seas, that this years match will not be the same as the last. So to all you competitiors that have made it in, if there is a closer match for you, you might want to think about that and just skip this on for this year. Plus I heard it will sleet with howling wind in the morning and at noon will change and be 100+ degree with no wind and 99% humidity by 2:00 PM. The flee and tick infrestation is reaching epidemic preportions. The west nile mosquitos are multiplying at exponetial rates. I just want all you shooters to know that I am concerned about you and you saftey. I humbly submitt to you that I will carry the burden of such drudgery for my fellow shooters.

There is a glimmer of hope that things might change if 10 shooters drop out befor the match.

Yes I am on the waitng list but I do not want to disclose what position.

It would truly be a good thing if no one had to drop out. I know that the only way I get good news is for someone else to have already recieved the bad news so it is bitter/sweet for me to get in now, but hope I still do. To whomever make it possible, I do apprieate it and hope all goes well.

I got DQ'd before even getting registered. I sat with my trigger finger hovering over the button for 1 1/2 minutes. The countdown was at 09:29:58 when an involuntary twitch of the finger and it was all over. "To Soon" appeared on the screen.

For those that made it in, be safe, have fun, get lots of video.