Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited G35

RHall

I just got a G35 and plan on shooting limited soon. What are some of the things I should do or get done to make it as good as it can be. I already have a mag well, extended magazine release, and stainless steel guide rod from T.H.E. But what are some other things I can do to improve performance even if its something small I would like to hear what it is.

Thanks

Disclaimer - Newbie's opinion:

just installed the Custom Glock Racing tuned 3.5 lb. connector....I like it. Seems effortless to get good follow up shots. I'm also about to put a set of heinie straight-eights (sights) on my G17 and G19. To me, they're some of the best.

The trigger is personal opinion, as are the sights, but you'll probably want to change both. You might also want to do something to the grip like a grip sock, grip tape, whatever.

I've got Heinie sights on mine and and a bunch of drop-in trigger parts that gives me a nice clean 3lb break.

You might consider the extended tungsten guide rod. I like the Hiviz molded front with a Novak rear. I shoot the fiber optic sight like an electronic dot. I just put the dot in the center of the target. Some would say the next thing I do is close my eyes and jerk the trigger, right John.

Another thing you can do is reduce the thickness of the trigger guard at the rear. This allows for a little higher grip.

A 4# striker spring will reduce the trigger pull.

Vanek trigger (save time, cussing, and parts trying to do it yourself) = 22oz break

Brass magwell. Glockmeister, supposedly not made by T.H.E.

Novak steel guide rod from www.handgunneroutlet.net

Wolff 15lb slide spring

Novak +1 followers (makes stock mag hold 16, makes 20-rounder easy to load)

Factory sights. Narrowed FS with razor knife. Opened rear notch with jeweler's files. Green Sharpie over the white plastic FS dot. Blue Sharpie/white rear. :):)

Parts of a Hogue rubber grip, lashed onto frame with black Powerflex.

Lots of black 3M pool&patio tape.

Lots & lots of Prince Grip or Pro Grip on my hands

Helweg holster from Brownells

CR Speed gear from speedshooters international

Glock hicap mags & Arrendondo +5 extensions. 10-rounders w/Scherer ext.

Here is the parts list I use for a good trigger job.

Teflon coated polished 3.5# connector. I'm using a Glockworks version, but need to do some more so I will use the bake on Teflon since Glockworks is out of business.

Lightening strike Ti striker

Wolff 4# striker spring

Lightening strike Ti plunger, I'm using a Glockworks RP plunger spring, clipping a few coils would probably do the same.

Glockmeister extra power trigger spring

Double drilled Glock trigger bar. I don't cut the end off so I wind up with 3 holes.

CGR installed internal overtravel screw.

This combination will set off Win small rifle primers and is better than the trigger on my 1911 9mm that I use for ESP.

Regardless of what guide rod I use Tung or the stock, I like the 17lb recoil spring. The lighter weights seem to leave the gun hanging high for me, I've tried 12, 13, 14, and 15 pound springs.

For sights, I like a fully adjustable rear with a FO front. For Rear, I've tried Bomar (regular Glock and buried), stock Glock and have examined the Dawson. I've tried the Hiviz, Arotek and Dawson front FO's. I would get a Target Dawson rear to go with a Dawson FO Front.

Lastly since you said as good as it can be, I'm a big fan of Bar-Sto barrels. I have one that was fitted by Bar-Sto and one that was pre-fit and then a local gunsmith finshed. Both shoot wonderfully.

Here's what I did for sights on my G23:

Put on a plain black MMC rear and a Dawson Precision Fiber Optical front made for the Novak rear. The front sight is .160 high. I opened up the MMC rear a little with a file and Dremel.

Looks like a small combat rear sight and it's adjustable. The front sight is very low.

For the trigger:

I polished thru the plating to get really smooth surfaces. Install a lighter striker spring and a heavier trigger spring. Polish the cruciform sear (do not change the angle or round the sharp upper edge), under the cruciform where it contacts the connector, the connector, the firing pin safety (clip off 2 coils of the firing pin safety spring) and polish the trigger bar where it contacts the firing pin safety, polish the part of the cruciform that is the drop safety. Grind the striker arm on the left side at a 45 degree angle and polish the striker where it contacts the cruciform sear. Polish the striker at the back flats and in the front where it will make contact with the channel liner.

See:

http://www.sportshooter.com/gssf/dalerhea_dremeling.htm

Scroll to Trigger Group then Modifying the Srtiker.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was about to ask about setting up the G35 for Limited. Found this topic with a search and thought I'd kick it back up to the top.

After reading all the posts -

I think I'll send the gun off to Charlie Vanek for Trigger work.

Change the sights out to Dawson FO's

Add some grip tape then

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT :D

Haven't decided if I'll change the barrel out yet..... More worried about the gun going BANG every time than small groups.

This sights are killing me...not enought light! and I find the white U very distracting...I ended up sight blacking it out.

When I built my G35 for Limited/L 10, I did the following:

KKM barrel

TR Graham slide lock

THE Accessories Mag release

THE Accessories brass magwell

Agrip

BoMar glock rear sight

Dawson Precision fiber front for BoMar rear

4# Wolff striker spring

polished and stoned internals, and mirror polished feed ramp

5x 15rd FML mags, 4 with Arredondo +5 extensions, 1 with a Taylor Freelance +5

6x 10rd mags with Arredondo +0 extensions

custom full-length tungsten guide rod and 15# ISMI spring

I get rid of the extended slide release.

Don't just do mods/buy stuff because other people use them. Just get some good sights and maybe a tungston rod under a 13-15 lbs spring and then shoot the 35 a lot. You can then make up your own mind what mods are worthwhile.

It's worthwhile to note that the best Glock and Production shooter in the world has very few mods on his pistols . . .

You can get great S_I's all day long for 1500-1600 in the classifieds :) I've bought 2 SVI's that way, one for $1250 and one for $1300 both barely even broken in, saving me the cost of break in ammo :D

You're comparing buying a used SVI to buying a Glock and having it smithed, though....

I bought my brand-new-all-bells-and-whistles-Limited SV for $1600. Sometimes I wonder why I bought it.

1. As a Sunday go to meetin' dress-up and look purty gun?

2. As a paperweight?

3. As something to shoot while the Glocks are in the dishwasher?