Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo Module hood

mildot1

C-More Glare shields are quite important when the rays of the sun hits your lscope at a certain angle. Without it, the beam seems to disperse

once it hit the lens, hence the glare. I believe it's worth, put one on and never look back.

Limcat is $20ish and Arredondo is $17ish. Both will do the job.

One local shooter uses a cut-out of a brown USPSA tape as a hood over the module and it stays there during the match. It does the same thing but it looks funky though.

Hope this helps!

E

I have one of the Limcat glare shield on my gun it works very well

Rodbender

Jay,

I was not refering to the C-MORE Dot Module Hood that Ralph sells, this was like a piece of golf club tube cut and hooked on the C-more to make it look more like a tube. Now that sounds like a good Rube Goldberg idea to try.

LeRoy,

While what you saw was probably a one off, I remember when the C-more first came out someone made a molded plastic tube that snapped on the sight. It was funny because the comment in the magazine was "they make a tubeless heads up sight (pretty cool and innovative at the time) and the first thing someone does is makes a tube for it."

Neal in AZ

Thanks Neal & Bart & Eric,

First year with a new toy and I'm trying to get it dressed right for play. It doesn't have to look like everyone else's but want it to be able to play well with others. In my short 10 years at this I have accumulated a large plastic tub of things I've bought that didn't work as well as I hoped they would, that I have decided to start listening to "those who have gone before" for bits of wisdom. One C-More came with a 6 the other an 8 and both have washed out in a slanting afternoon sun so onward with a 12 and a hood before asking Rube for help.

Jay,

I was not refering to the C-MORE Dot Module Hood that Ralph sells, this was like a piece of golf club tube cut and hooked on the C-more to make it look more like a tube. Now that sounds like a good Rube Goldberg idea to try.

DSC02645.JPG

This the critter you are thinking of? I shot on the squad with Andrew C. at the 2009 Open Nats and talked with him about it a little bit. If I remember correctly he said one of his friends designed and laid up the carbon fiber for the part. It looks very light and would cut down on pretty much all glare issues short of shooting directly into the sun. lol

Joe W.

Edited by joecichlid

Calling that "tube" thing rube golberg is being too kind.

I have always had a hood on. You only really need it once or twice a year but the first time your dot disappears while you are shooting a course you will buy one.

Little Side drift,

I bought a Limcat module hood. If I remove the screws what hold the module in place I guess, (the same screws what will hold the module hood in place as well) do I have to re-sight the C-more? I am tired of sighting in that thing...

I might just not install the module hood...

(the search function does not working on this site for me at this point....)

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

Joe,

You are the MAN. That is the exact sun shade I was looking at. Yup he said a friend made it and I was trying to get him to confince his friend to make them comercially.

I was on Stage 3 by the way.

I was in Squad 21, we were the first squad after you guys had lunch. Let me tell you I was shaking like a leaf at ULSC thanks to it being my first stage at a match that big. Absolutly the time of my life and I hope to make it back this year if I can swing a slot.

Joe W.

I had an interesting discussion with C-More tech folks about the dot module covers.

They said that some could cause zero to drift.

Did they say how the installation of a dot module cover causes zero to drift? You say SOME could cause zero drift. Were they more specific on which module covers cause zero drift?

Thanks,

Rick

Has anyone have any problem with their Arredondo's glareshield blocking part of the dot on their Cmore sight? Is this normal? I used dremel to open up the hole a little bit so it's now a lot better. Does anyone have to do this too when using this glareshield? I was told that the Limcat one doesn't do this at all.

It looks like the body of the glare shields protrude into the sight plane somewhat. Is this not an issue?

The spot from which the dot's emitted is quite small, so you only need a little area to get it to the lens through. Some module's might need the hood needle-filed 'cause it gets in the way.