Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

which co gun

TimHawkins

I have been shooting 1911 for years and was wondering which carry optic gun feels most like a 1911 in the hand. I tried a sig and seemed to have to bend my wrist down to see the optic. I tried a m&p and it felt the same.

Is there a co gun that feels like a 1911?

Any input is appreciated.

Tim

I should’ve mentioned that with the stock to, you will most likely have to mill the slide to make weight.  As was already mentioned, CZ is the other close option.  There are several threads about these options in the Manufacter’s forum.

The Stock II is a good option just have to be careful not to go over weight. You'd probably be even better off weight wise having the slide milled. I had turned a Stock II into a carry optics gun and was extremely close to the max weight like a 1/4 of an oz under and I used an aluminum guide rod and did some other lightening in other areas too but used a dovetail adapter for the optic which I know added a little bit of weight over having the slide milled. I ended up getting rid of it though since nobody in my area was really running carry optics so I went with open instead. The Stock I is very similar to the Stock II except its about 4oz lighter and less worrying about making weight.

7 minutes ago, RJH said:

xdm is close and has different backstraps, might work for you

I would say the XDM OSP is probably a better and closer option to a 1911 than a stock II and is much cheaper also and are a very nice pistol.

Even if you were allowed to use a 1911 in Carry Optics, you'd still have to push the pistol down to see the dot. What you are experiencing is common to all optics equipped pistols.

There is no way around it, no matter what pistol you choose you'll need to practice to get used to the dot.

^^^ What they said ^^^

Guessing you are bringing the gun up where irons would be close to aligned, which is too high for your eye to line up with the dot.

My CO and Prod guns are the same make and model, still requires adjustment. It is easier for me to switch back to irons than switch to the dot.

With irons I find very little difficulty transitioning M&P/XD/1911 would probably pick one of those two if the 1911 was my main.

• 1 month later...

The Walther Q5 Match has a really vertical grip angle - 1991 guys who loathe how far down they have to bend their wrists to shoot a Glock generally love mine.

Triggers are out of the box fantastic, too.

It’s already set up to take the optic of your choice. Go find a 9mm Walther PPQ at your local gun shop: the Q5 uses the exact same grip frame.

Tim - 

Did you try Mike P.s Springfield XD with the dot?  It's pretty close to a 1911.   I have no problem going back and forth from my CZs to 1911/2011.  Open 2011, open Czechmate, CO SP01, iron sight 1911 and Shadow 2.

-Matt 

I have been shooting 1911 for years and was wondering which carry optic gun feels most like a 1911 in the hand. I tried a sig and seemed to have to bend my wrist down to see the optic. I tried a m&p and it felt the same.

Is there a co gun that feels like a 1911?

Any input is appreciated.

Tim

Try canik tp9sfx. Has everything you need to install any red dot. Only cost $450. Totally worth it!

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk