Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot All Stars - Spoilers

Looks like a young man's game tonight. Not a fair test of shooting skills. More of a foot race.

Chris was my pick but the crossbow did him in. Phil showed a lot of class in his concern for Chris when most people would have been celebrating. :cheers:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a young man's game tonight. Not a fair test of shooting skills. More of a foot race.

I have to disagree. This was all about performing under extreme stress. You have to be very, very, good to be able to go through what these last four did.

I couldn't decide who I really wanted to win. Chris was so darned good most of the time and had come so close to winning the first time up, that I wanted him. But Phil is a 3-gun shooter so my competition side was rooting for him. And boy did he step up to the plate last night - he out shot everyone with every gun in every step of the final contest. If It weren't for getting flustered with the plate rack, he might have been done by the time Chris was just getting to the crossbow.

I actually think this show redeemed itself this year, even if is likely to be the last year. The format was better, the level of competitors was better, everything was better. What I'd like to see next is a best of the best competition.

Chris was so darned good most of the time and had come so close to winning the first time up, that I wanted him. But Phil is a 3-gun shooter so my competition side was rooting for him.

Chris shoots 3-gun too. He came in at 148th at the Rockcastle pro-am.

I actually think this show redeemed itself this year, even if is likely to be the last year. The format was better, the level of competitors was better, everything was better.

+1.

Did anyone else notice that during the intro to the 2nd competition, they said a Glock would be used. They showed a picture of a nice Taran Tactical glock, then cut away to a picture of a Beretta? They must have needed a shot for the ammo sponsor, but didn't have one with a Glock.

It was a better season.. without the people voting to get rid of someone

I'd like to see it changed, to all individual challenges (no teams), and the slowest guy/gal gets kicked off, fastest gets the card. I always tough it was funny, that the 2nd worst person gets the $2K card

I'd like to see it changed, to all individual challenges (no teams), and the slowest guy/gal gets kicked off, fastest gets the card.

I agree about the teams. I understand why it's done - some competitions just lend themselves to that because it would take too long for each person to shoot every leg of a round robin.

What would be great is if they could do it like a golf tournament. Start with 12 people. Points for each event are awarded and after so many events, the bottom four are cut. Do that a couple times and you are left with the final four, at that point it becomes sudden death - bottom person gone after each event.

Agree. However, these type challenges have been in prior seasons. To do two track meet challenges in a row gave Phil the upper hand, and the confidence to win. I think if Chris would have been able to beat him in challenge 1 or 2, the tables might have turned. They both had the skill to make the shots (heck, the shots on challenge 1 and 2 tonight were easy shots, just made hard due to sprinting).

And yes, it was two good guys, both 3Gunners in the final!

Edited by MarkCO

I'd be willing to bet this is the show's last hurrah. I'd be surprised if they did it again.

+1

I agree, but I wish it wasn't so. Seems like the only bad publicity it got was on here from the shooters who didn't like all of the personality part of it. Seems like they cut that out this season, but it may have been too late.