Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets see your Production guns

HuskySig

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expected this to be a pretty boring thread, but clicked anyway. There are some nice looking guns here.

My production gun is not so exciting. Factory black M&P with holster wear. Its never rated having a picture taken of it apart from the day I got it.

Silver is very fast too !!

That's an odd looking rear sight. Does it hold zero?

Lots of CZs...

Yes it does. I was a little skeptical at first but, after 5k rounds it's hanging in there with no problems at all.

I also can just reset it when going from jacketed to moly bullets by doing 2 clicks up and 4 clicks right or vice versa. The hard part is remembering which setting is for which bullet and what bullet did I shoot last...

And it fit in the box at A3 with a little wiggle room. Just a simple little LPA adjustable sight.

There are threads here for Open, Limited, L-10 and Steel guns. How about a single thread where we can post pictures of our diverse collection of Production guns? I'll go first:

My 9mm Sig P226 X-Five Allround

Allroundsmall.jpg

I swear, holding that gun felt like holding an STI Edge. It just feels like an all out limited gun. Has GGI gone through the gun yet?

I swear, holding that gun felt like holding an STI Edge. It just feels like an all out limited gun. Has GGI gone through the gun yet?

At 45 oz, the Allround is pretty much a boat anchor. Yes, it has been worked over by GGI since you played with it a few months ago.

I'll play in this one. It is a very nice semi auto pistol by Smith and Wesson. I've never been much of a Smith auto fan until this line of pistols came out. This one has had an outstanding trigger job completed by Don Shipp (local guy). I installed a set of Dawson sites on it. The front site is a .215X.100 wide and the rear site is a fixed target wide notch. The stippling on the backstrap is one that I did to it. I installed some grip tape on the front strap of the pistol (just in case I decide to use this in an IDPA match) otherwise I would stipple that as well.

I should also mention that I just installed an SSS tungsten guide rod and a 15# ISMI recoil spring yesterday. It is now 1.18oz heavier than with the stock recoil spring and guide rod. I like the extra weight up front though.

MP9L1.jpg

Edited by Zerwas

That's very interesting....a G-17 as your primary and a G34 as your backup.

Most folks would have that switched around. I think it's cool. It's like owning a touring motorcycle without a trunk rack screwed to your tour pack....(those of you who have bikes will understand that one).

I'm interested in knowing what your logic is behind that decision.

I expected this to be a pretty boring thread, but clicked anyway. There are some nice looking guns here.

My production gun is not so exciting. Factory black M&P with holster wear. Its never rated having a picture taken of it apart from the day I got it.

Mine too, sans holster wear (I don't dry-fire or shoot much anymore). I think the one in my avatar might be an airsoft copy. Not much to see really, its just a regular M&P 9mm (which, I believe, helps show newer folks that they do not need anything fancy to compete in USPSA or IDPA).

Guns pictured are actually quite nice. Keep them coming.