Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Now that 1/2 size targets are legal....

rowdyb

On 1/10/2017 at 10:17 AM, JHOWARD said:

I kinda like the idea of this on a swinger. 

Might be able to fit two. Local club did this with rifle targets at a multigun match last year, as long as the swinger isn't too far/too fast it works. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/10/2017 at 10:32 PM, PatJones said:

I have had to explain to a woman who was spectating at a match that the mini-poppers simulate distance, not children. Seriously. We should be respectful of this perception as we implement the mini targets into our matches.

The person accused you of being some sort of group of child target shooting sicko perverts. That is just wrong. 

I think if you try to respect crap like that you justify it. It was nice of you to explain the obvious to her and appropriate, but I'd let her know that it was a demeaning question. 

On 1/13/2017 at 4:32 AM, IHAVEGAS said:

The person accused you of being some sort of group of child target shooting sicko perverts. That is just wrong. 

I think if you try to respect crap like that you justify it. It was nice of you to explain the obvious to her and appropriate, but I'd let her know that it was a demeaning question. 

Agree 100%, her perception was stupid. ;) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 4:12 PM, rowdyb said:

I just thought of a deliciously evil idea for mounting them in existing stands, on drop turners and swingers.

20170105_180832.jpg

Sorry Rowdy...

(From a FB post)

Restrictions on the use of half-sized cardboard targets
An NROI ruling restricting usage for half-sized cardboard targets is pending. The forthcoming ruling will state that half-sized targets may not be mounted onto full-sized no-shoots by any means, nor will they be allowed to be used as no-shoots on full-sized scoring targets. The ruling allowing half-sized targets already prescribes using them as fully visible targets. Although the targets will come with a white, or no-shoot, side. The half-sized targets can be used as free standing no-shoots, but scoring half-sized targets must remain fully visible at some point during the course of fire. They also may not be covered with hard cover of any type.

A suggestion for ease of mounting is using cardboard or some other material of the same width as a standard target, painted black and treated as hardcover. The half-sized target can then be mounted without modifications to existing target stands, and the black provides some contrast.
DNROI
Troy McManus

1 hour ago, ChuckS said:

Sorry Rowdy...

(From a FB post)

Restrictions on the use of half-sized cardboard targets
An NROI ruling restricting usage for half-sized cardboard targets is pending. The forthcoming ruling will state that half-sized targets may not be mounted onto full-sized no-shoots by any means, nor will they be allowed to be used as no-shoots on full-sized scoring targets. The ruling allowing half-sized targets already prescribes using them as fully visible targets. Although the targets will come with a white, or no-shoot, side. The half-sized targets can be used as free standing no-shoots, but scoring half-sized targets must remain fully visible at some point during the course of fire. They also may not be covered with hard cover of any type.

A suggestion for ease of mounting is using cardboard or some other material of the same width as a standard target, painted black and treated as hardcover. The half-sized target can then be mounted without modifications to existing target stands, and the black provides some contrast.
DNROI
Troy McManus

While I like the thought that is going into the use of these, how is that any different than putting a no shoot behind steel? Or just surrounded by same size no shoots?

I guess the point is in keeping with the rule of not mixing target sizes

• 2 weeks later...