Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Model 34 beaver tail. Who uses it?

GreenDragoon

thanks for responding gentlemen. I shot a casual, steel match yesterday. I do indeed like the beaver tail. I've never had bite from my guns, inspite of choking up as high as possible. The beaver tail does seem to aid (a bit) in recoil control though. Since I'm used to them from 1911's, I'll keep it on.

^me too. The beaver tail is the reason I got a Gen 4. Otherwise I bleed.

Same here. I did not shoot Glocks prior to the Gen 4 for this reason. I use the medium backstrap. Tried the large,but did not shoot as well with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

^me too. The beaver tail is the reason I got a Gen 4. Otherwise I bleed.

Same here. I did not shoot Glocks prior to the Gen 4 for this reason. I use the medium backstrap. Tried the large,but did not shoot as well with it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

thanks for the feedback. I'm using the medium as well, even though I have long fingers.

Well, I'm kinda in the same boat. I do use the medium backstrap on the 34. However with that said I do still get slide bite because I hold up so high on the gun. But nothing compared to shooting a glock w/o a beavertail! Ha

I am currently running a medium beavertail one; used to run the large when I first came over from another very large gun. I can run it without any backstrap ok, but it sure does seem small. If I run just the medium or large (no beavertail), I get bit pretty good.