Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kentucky Wildcat Multi Gun

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If anyone received Gary's email with the results, would you mind forwarding them to me: slow1911s@gmail.com My handwriting must have been pretty bad when I signed in.

Done!

Good stages, good food, good friends, good weather!

This is a challenging match for having only one stage over 40 yards. The 1/2 and 2/3 size paper targets combined with the Benning scoring makes the penalty time really add up!

Thanks to Gary, Frank, all the ROs and Sponsors.

:cheers:

This was a really fun and challenging match. I had the best day ever shooting in squad 4 with my friends, Barry, Chris, Dave, Greg, Jack, JT, Ryan, and Steve. It was also great to see all of my friends from around the country as well including Mr. & Mrs. AP3. While the morning had its challenges, I was really happy with the way I finished in the afternoon. Special thanks to Gary, Frank, Jeff, and all of the RO's and staff. The prize table was really great, everyone got more than the entry fee back in cool stuff that they can use. Thanks to the sponsors. Did I mention the food? Well the lunch was the best money can buy. In addition Mrs. Airedale provided brownies, and Zookeep provided no-bake cookies. Congrats to Stefan and Ryan in Tac Optics, Brian and Brian in Limited, and Cameron in Open.

What I learned? I like Fort Benning rules and scoring, it made things flow smooth, and rewarded accuracy. I liked shooting little targets at distances. I like my new JP rifle, I just had to give it a chance and spend some time with it. I still think shooting with your friends is the best. I am grateful for my sponsors, Wilson Combat, Blade-tech, and Shooters Connection.

Looking forward to next year!

BROWNIES, COOKIES :surprise: HOW COME I DIDN"T KNOW OF THIS :rolleyes: Someone was holding out

Edited by Sudden Death

Whew... Finally made it home. I just wanted to add a BIG Thank You to Gary, ROs, Sponsors, Stats and anyone / everyone else involved with this match. I had a great time. The stages were fun, but still challenging. The prize table was huge. We lucked out with the weather...

This match is definitely on my "must attend" list.

The brownies are one of the big draws of the shoot

Mrs. Airedale had call at the hospital and couldn't attend the match. She does appreciate the brownie kudos.

Great match shot with great friends. It gets better every year!

Dave

Another GREAT match by Gary and his staff. Each year this match gets better and better, looking forward to next year already. Only one small issue for us "older" shooters, Gary can you get rid of that "hump" between Stage 7 and Stage 8 . My old knees are really having a hard time getting up that hill !!

On the stage with the Texas star, you had a choice of using the shotgun for steel targets as well as the 7 clays you had to use it on. How did most people shoot this? I shoot open, and felt confident with my pistol to kill the star, so I shot 11 shots from the Saiga until empty, then transitioned to the pistol to finish. I was curious after reading the thread on which is faster, rifle or pistol, for up close, in the technique subforum.

I contemplated shooting the 3 clays and 2 steel poppers to the left side, reload 4 while moving to the right, shooting those 3 clays and 2 steel and the clay in the center before dumping the shotgun.

But, I shot just the 3 clays to the left, center clay on the move down the middle, and 3 clays & 2 steel on the right before dumping it. Finished the star and paper w/ the pistol.

I should have went with my first plan, because I forgot to come back and shoot the 2 steel on the left w/ my pistol! (Where is the "shooting yourself in the foot" emoticon when you need it?) Cost me a bunch of penalty seconds and 1st place in Tac Irons. :)

I should have went with my first plan, because I forgot to come back and shoot the 2 steel on the left w/ my pistol! (Where is the "shooting yourself in the foot" emoticon when you need it?) Cost me a bunch of penalty seconds and 1st place in Tac Irons. :)

I'd feel sorry for you if I hadn't done that very same thing (not even shoot the steel on the left side) 20 min before you did! :D

IMG_0717.jpg

Ryan Zamberlan, Stefan Wiggins, Mike Foley

Whata buncha homos! They look like they're about to go to a gay biker bar and celebrate! :cheers:

Damn! I was going to caption this as "Hi, my name is Larry, this is my brother Daryl............." but your's is better!