Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Show Hosts On TV That Close Their Eyes...

kend

...when shooting for the camera, if they're gonna completely close their eyes and flinch like that when they shoot they should let somebody else do it. Or get the shot from a different angle so you can't see it, geeez......

+1

There is a new show now, I don't recall the name, but the host was describing USPSA guns recently. He swept the camera man a bazillion times! Even my 7 year old pointed out his safety violations.

Edited by Bigpops

+1

There is a new show now, I don't recall the name, but the host was describing USPSA guns recently. He swept the camera man a bazillion times! Even my 7 year old pointed out his safety violations.

I think that was "Handguns." I noticed the same things.

Close their eyes or .... Slap the trigger with rifles, put their bugger hook past the first joint on the trigger on a long range bolt weapon, have a horrible stance or shooting position. Barely can run the bolt on a bolt action or seat a mag on a semiauto platform.

Another favorite is them pushing new reticles such as a Mildot without so much as a clue on how to range estimate with it.

Edited by barney88pdc

By far the biggest violator for *blinking* are the people on American Rifleman. Every single gun test the person shooting is blinking on each shot.

no doubt, the last episode I watched the host shot a 338 lapua and he blinked, grimaced and flinched all at once. I was amazed that with that position that he didn't have more time behind a gun and better shooting habits

By far the biggest violator for *blinking* are the people on American Rifleman. Every single gun test the person shooting is blinking on each shot.

:roflol: Absolutely, and these are the guys with the NRA ?? :rolleyes:

I mean I get the magazine, I pay my fees but how can we take anything that say seriously after that ? :wacko:

I was watching a gun show host shooting FAL's today. I am literally yelling at the TV. "Lean into it dammit... bend at the waist."

I am with you there. I have this desperate urge to slap the TV upside the head. But being a slimline TV I might hurt my shooting hand.

My ten year old daughter that, until last year, would not touch anything bigger than a BB gun is better than that.