Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Going to fast?

jkatz44

Hi,

I recently noticed that when I am shooting, I am trying to to fast. I feel like I am rushing. Because of this, my points are hurting. Since I am shooting Minor, it is affecting my scores. I have been trying to really slow myself down and focus on hitting all alphas. Do you guys have any suggestions to help me slow down and get all of my possible points.

Thanks,

Jason

Take a read on this article http://grayguns.com/zen-and-the-art-of-hitting-stuff/ I think Mr Gray has nailed it. I shoot an open gun, the Dot is on the spot but when I rush it, it is the trigger pull being rushed that makes the bad hit.

Make the measure of your stage the hits and not time, as the RO not to call it out.

Well you could try my approach, but it is not recommended for those with a weak constitution......Drink, oh say 18-24 beers, roll into the hotel sometime between 2-5am.....that usually slows down my pace..... ;)

Randal...

sorry, couldn't resist

What...want me to shoot the gun for ya too??? :roflol:

Seek and ye shall find. :excl:

(you can look it up as easy as I can)

Thanks Flex,

I just read the whole thread on Seeing vs. Cadence and wrote a few replies. All I have to say is WOW! :cheers: It was a great read. I will also buy Brian's book to get some more helpful info.

Hello: I call it visual patience :cheers: I need to get more of it sometimes myself :roflol: OK, most of the time. You need to really see what and where you want to hit the target. For me I am starting to do dry firing next week. I have only dry fired maybe a half hour total in just over 3 years of shooting. I can see where it will help me alot. It should help me get visual patience. I have found if I slow down too much it throws my whole game off and I actually get worse hits. I am trying to keep my speed up but actually see more. I am doing some reading right now about that and the practice will come soooon. Hope this helps. I think it just helped me :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Hello: I call it visual patience :cheers: I need to get more of it sometimes myself :roflol: OK, most of the time. You need to really see what and where you want to hit the target. For me I am starting to do dry firing next week. I have only dry fired maybe a half hour total in just over 3 years of shooting. I can see where it will help me alot. It should help me get visual patience. I have found if I slow down too much it throws my whole game off and I actually get worse hits. I am trying to keep my speed up but actually see more. I am doing some reading right now about that and the practice will come soooon. Hope this helps. I think it just helped me :roflol: Thanks, Eric

Thanks Eric,

I will keep this in mind. I too have also started to dry fire. :cheers:

Good stuff on this topic in this old thread.

be

Thanks Brian,

I just read through the whole thread and it was a great read! :cheers: Basically, I need to break the shot when I feel the sights are alligned where I want them to be. I am also going to buy your book. I can't wait to read it.

Don't slow down and get the hits. Stay the same speed, become more accurate, and get the hits.

+1

:cheers:

Thanks a lot everyone who gave me suggestions! I appreciate it!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Edited by jkatz44