Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Nats not announced yet

DarthMuffin

Is it normal for the nationals not to have been announced yet? Some of us need to request vacation dates at the first of the year, especially if it's a "popular" weekend. I can't believe I'm on the only one with this problem...

Yes it's "Normal".

Lots of people need to get vacation requests in by the end of the year.

You are not the only one with this problem.

Further comments by me would probably get this thread closed.

Where is the beating the dead horse emoticon so I can use it instead of seeing the same question every year. I doubt the reason we haven't seen anything is because Michael is sitting around with his thumb up his $$$ like a lot of people like to imply. Hell if you think you can do a better job all you have to do is run. It's not as easy as a lot of people seem to think, first there needs to be a request to hold the Nationals, then there needs to be a signed contract so the range can't back out at the last minute as happened to Area 1 a feww years ago.

Getting on this forum or USPSA's and complaining is not going to speed up the process. If your company is so inflexable with vacation time then maybe it is time to find a new one.

Where is the beating the dead horse emoticon so I can use it instead of seeing the same question every year. I doubt the reason we haven't seen anything is because Michael is sitting around with his thumb up his $$$ like a lot of people like to imply. Hell if you think you can do a better job all you have to do is run. It's not as easy as a lot of people seem to think, first there needs to be a request to hold the Nationals, then there needs to be a signed contract so the range can't back out at the last minute as happened to Area 1 a feww years ago.

Getting on this forum or USPSA's and complaining is not going to speed up the process. If your company is so inflexable with vacation time then maybe it is time to find a new one.

post-400-1262286377.gif

Actually that was the 2006 Multigun Nationals. Moved from Bend to Albany, OR.

I doubt the reason we haven't seen anything is because Michael is sitting around with his thumb up his $$$ like a lot of people like to imply. Hell if you think you can do a better job all you have to do is run. It's not as easy as a lot of people seem to think.......

You do understand that we pay him more than $50K a year, right? It's not unreasonable for us to expect him to do his job, and do it right.

Or so it seems to me.

Maybe I'm just crazy, but.........................

I think there is enough demand for TWO national level matches each year.........one could be called semi-nationals perhaps?

And hold it somewhere in the warmer southern states in say February?

It would fill up quickly just like the September Nationals.

I say its time to expand.........too much time between top level matches.

BB

Like somebody else stated, the best place to voice concerns about the date of the Nationals would be http://www.uspsa.org/forums/, or contact your Sectional director, or call your Area director. Namecalling and finger pointing on the forums won't solve much.

Politics

Policy and political discussions or debates of any kind - even if you consider your opinions to be "facts" - are not welcome anywhere in the forum.

Attitude

Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.

No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.

Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

Closed.