Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canyon Creek 2010 Area 5 Championship

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One hour to this huge mall. It's got pretty much everything including good food.

http://www.mapquest..../7-cGsA8IiMPsae

To here: http://www.shopcherr...sf/storedir_all

Also, right up the road from there is a movie theater with 16 screens. http://www.fandango....eaterpage?rds=1

Nothing close the buddy... The City of Freeport is about 1/2 hour, but it's not all that.

Edited by JThompson

Match book is very good.

Thanks for the generous registration window on Friday afternoon for Saturday shooters... that will help take a little stress out of Saturday morning. As I read it, the stages will be available for inspection until 8:30pm Friday, is that correct?

Match book is very good.

Thanks for the generous registration window on Friday afternoon for Saturday shooters... that will help take a little stress out of Saturday morning. As I read it, the stages will be available for inspection until 8:30pm Friday, is that correct?

Jim did great job on the match book! Not sure where the 8:30pm time came from. I just checked the schedule of events and the registration ends at 7pm. With the all the time we will have put in by then I think we will be wanting to lock up and get out of there for the day.

Dale Hayen, Match Director

Match book is very good.

Jim did great job on the match book! Not sure where the 8:30pm time came from. I just checked the schedule of events and the registration ends at 7pm. With the all the time we will have put in by then I think we will be wanting to lock up and get out of there for the day.

Hi Dale,

You are correct it shows reg from 1:00 - 7:00 on Friday and that is a very generous window. Up under the "Time to Shoot" heading it says "range is closed to all regular competitors prior to the scheduled match opening June 10th, 2010, and daily after 8:30 p.m", so I just wanted to verify that meant we could inspect stages after registration up until 8:30 Fri evening.

Match book is very good.

Hi Dale,

You are correct it shows reg from 1:00 - 7:00 on Friday and that is a very generous window. Up under the "Time to Shoot" heading it says "range is closed to all regular competitors prior to the scheduled match opening June 10th, 2010, and daily after 8:30 p.m", so I just wanted to verify that meant we could inspect stages after registration up until 8:30 Fri evening.

You are corret too. I do believe that is something we didn't catch in the proofreading. There might be someone there till then but don't count on anything later than 7pm. It is 20 - 30 min to the respective hotels plus dinner, the night will turn into morning very quickly. See you next week.

Dale

You are corret too. I do believe that is something we didn't catch in the proofreading. There might be someone there till then but don't count on anything later than 7pm. It is 20 - 30 min to the respective hotels plus dinner, the night will turn into morning very quickly. See you next week.

Dale

Understood. Thanks for the clarification... plan to be in and out well before 7:00 anyway but just wanted to know in case something comes up.

Match book is very good.

The matchbook is okay and only because Cindy Noyes was kind enough to let me borrow her work and plug and play.

Thanks Cindy!!

JT

Dale

Understood. Thanks for the clarification... plan to be in and out well before 7:00 anyway but just wanted to know in case something comes up.

Yes Jay, count on being off the range and on the road by 7pm. There are going to be a lot of tired people just wanting to get to a bed.

Best,

JT

I was worried about the weather, still am, but it looks pretty good right now. The setup crew (myself and a few dedidcated people) look to take the brunt of the bad weather during setup. You'll know me by my pruned fingers and surly disposition. In other words, I'll be the same with some wrinkles. :P

Full bore match mode now guys, don't expect to hear much from me after tomorrow, I'll literally be sleeping at the range. Keep that in mind if you don't get a response.

JT

Match weather link; http://www.accuweather.com/us/il/mount-sterling/62353/forecast-details.asp?fday=6

Edited by JThompson

Ca the Friday guys get there in Thursday to find the place and check thing out while the Thursday guys are shooting?

Yes the range is open for you. Give the staff a chance to get going, say open 8am-7pm. You may walk that stages when the staff is not shooting them. Please do not get in the way of the staff shooting. Also, do not activate or otherwise noodle with any props. Otherwise have at it.

JT

Online registration deadline... The cutoff for online registration will be June 6th at midnight. The registration will disappear from the Quinn site at that time. Self squadding will end June 7th.

This is your last chance to get in the match...

The online squadding is set to lock down on June 7th.

I combined some small squads tonight and moved a few around to facilitate the match flow. Everyone that was squadded together was moved together.

Some stage construction started today. In the countdown mode. See you next week.

Dale

Build Update: Weather was pretty good today, got cooked as I didn't stop for sunblock. :blush:

WE have 5 of the 12 pretty much done. Stage 8 was 3/4 set, but Dave and I looked at a 180 issue and after 45mins debate, I decided to redesign the stage. I could not setup a stage that would have a 190 violation pointing at other shooters. If they were down range pasting and someone broke the 180, they could have been right in line with a muzzle. I pulled out all the walls going uprange on the left side, so we could move the shooter forward. We then rotated what was left. After all that I didn't like what was left and we basically rebuilt the target placement. Another few hours with it and I got some placement I liked. I think the original was better, but this is pretty good too.

I think we need to have a vote on favorite stages when the match is over, I guess least fav too. I'd also like anyone who has an issue to to call it to my attention at the match. We will do what we can to solve any issues, and log them if there is nothing we can do immediately. We'll take that list into next year.

Have to close because my eyes are.

Good night Enoverse,

JT

Dave and I looked at a 180 issue and after 45mins debate, I decided to redesign the stage. I could not setup a stage that would have a 190 violation pointing at other shooters. If they were down range pasting and someone broke the 180, they could have been right in line with a muzzle.

Kudos to you for making this call and doing something about it! :cheers:

Not only that, but my co-md got on the horn and has a guy coming in to build up and extend a berm which will help greatly in the event of a break. That's going to cost us some , but better than taking a chance. I applaud Dale for getting that done.

Night.

Edited by JThompson

Can the Friday guys get there in Thursday to find the place and check thing out while the Thursday guys are shooting?

Yes the range is open for you. Give the staff a chance to get going, say open 8am-7pm. You may walk that stages when the staff is not shooting them. Please do not get in the way of the staff shooting. Also, do not activate or otherwise noodle with any props. Otherwise have at it.

JT

Thanks.

I found a spot to put a "very small" function fire and sight-in spot. There will be a sign and a radio, You will call for an RO, "me" and I'll come down and RO you for the task, I'm fighting being sick, so I may or not be available. There will be a fee for using this service, we'll call it, the JT vacation fund. :devil: Seriously, if I'm available, I'll come done and RO you, if not, then you run what you brung.

JT