Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Techwear for LEFTIES

matt2ace

I was able to shoot 3 major matches this year, including the Nationals, and came to realize that ROs just don't know how to handle LEFTIES at LAMR. At every match I would stand at the start line with my left hand raised, trying to get the RO to realize that a lefty of shooting. With very few exceptions, I found myself turning to my right, looking at the RO then looking down to my right-side where there was clearly no gun then, smiling at the RO, looking to my left to indicate where the the gun was located. This was all done with good humor and was taken that way by every RO at every match. We lefties all know the comment by now...

"Guns on the wrong side buddy"

"Guess your going to go in the oppposite direction from everyone else who ran this stage"

So, I finally decided to get a shirt made that might just eliminate some of the confusion ROs seem to have when lefties shoot a stage. :devil:

It may not help, but it does get make the point...... :goof:

The folks at Techwear did a great job on the shirts.

Yes, for those observant enough, my BE id has a extra "c" in it which was my mistake :blush: when I reviewed the mockups.

post-12164-1261244278_thumb.jpg

Being a fellow lefty I feel your pain Matt.

On my IDPA vest, I use one of these..............

I like that one too :cheers:

I have only had the shirt to wear for one local match. I am looking forward to wearing them at a major next year.

Edited by matt2ace

Very Cool

the next thing needed for a left handed 3 Gunner is

a small sticker on my Benelli that will say

M.D. R.M. R.S.O.

do not DQ me

I am left handed. my Shotgun is ON SAFE

Yes it is "Backwards"

at the 3Gun Nationals this year two differnt R.O.'s called for a DQ for a shotgun abandoned in the barrel with the safety Off Safe.

I was very patient and calmly explained that I was born handicaped and that I have had my guns specialy modified. . . .

now I explain things Prior to the L&MR command.

and don't get me started on Preload tables and squad mates whispering . . ."Dude you left your safety off. . . I fixed it for you before the R.O. saw it!""

and we wonder why Left handed folks die sooner

Very Cool

M.D. R.M. R.S.O.

do not DQ me

Yes it is "Backwards"

at the 3Gun Nationals this year two differnt R.O.'s called for a DQ for a shotgun abandoned in the barrel with the safety Off Safe.

I was very patient and calmly explained that I was born handicaped and that I have had my guns specialy modified. . . .

and don't get me started on Preload tables and squad mates whispering . . ."Dude you left your safety off. . . I fixed it for you before the R.O. saw it!""

Not a 3-gunner myself, but I can relate to the issue.

I don't know how many times I have been warned for finger in the trigger while reloading and have to explain how that would be impossible since I hit the mag release with my tirgger finger :cheers:

Very Cool

M.D. R.M. R.S.O.

do not DQ me

Yes it is "Backwards"

Not a 3-gunner myself, but I can relate to the issue.

I don't know how many times I have been warned for finger in the trigger while reloading and have to explain how that would be impossible since I hit the mag release with my tirgger finger :cheers:

+1 TO that!!! i usually ignore them when yelled at,then give a visual tutorial and the end of the stage... :roflol:

I get the lefty/wrong side crap all the time. When I get a techware made I am so going to put that on there. Not so funny if someone else is messing with your loaded shotgun, my safety is on top so no worries. Thanks for looking out for us leftys and posting this!!!

I guess that's better than one that reads, "Gun's over here idiot." :roflol:

I shoot with a lefty and run him once a week... I still catch myself going to the wrong side, more so on USC. To his credit he opens the slide holding it over his left shoulder and waits for me to make the trip over to that side. Yes, I do feel like a moron too. :wacko:

Edited by JThompson

I guess that's better than one that reads, "Gun's over here idiot." :roflol:

I thought about a number of different options for this shirt, most would either seem insulting or considered in poor taste. :angry2:

You cannot get much simpler than what I ended up with.....and it always gets a smile. :D

Edited by matt2ace

On a serious note, I really like the name on the top back of the shirt, I have seen enough name/scoresheet mix ups to really appreciate this when I RO,

Got the idea from others at the Nationals this year, first name on the front, full name on the back........less chance of mistakes with score sheet :cheers:

Edited by matt2ace