Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS Tri-Gun Challenge

Lea & Randy,

I know the tight time frame is the biggest problem, with the upcoming hearings so close to the event days. But would it still be possible to make it a 2 or 3 gun event if everything goes well in the hearings? For now, people who are still attending could plan on a shotgun-only event but still bring their other guns along in hopes for the approval of the other one or two guns.

I will attend regardless of the outcome of the hearings. The shotgun has always been my weak point, and I will not be able to rely on the other two guns to make up for lost points. But I will attend regardless, mainly to support you and DPMS for all that you’ve done for our sport, and, like Nick says, to piss off some anti-gunners.

I, for one, consider this a call for action. One of the biggest friend and supporter of our sport has come under attack in their very own home, and they are now asking for our support. There are six members of the Minneapolis Police Shooting Team on the conditional list, and I will check with them. But I know for sure you’ll have at least a couple of us there flying our colors in support of the club and our sport.

Jomar

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to be there as well.

Vacation plans are made, stopping to see family on the way up.

Don't care if it is only a one gun match.

Shotgun, "spud gun", rubberband or water!

Planning to make some noise and break some thing's and just have FUN!

Edited by Coyotes52

I want to shoot this. My friends want to shoot this. The dearth of information is not good. I have to get people to cover for me,make travel arrangements, etc. I want to support Randy and the DPMS Match, but at some point a decision has to be made about the match. Obviously at this point it is not the DPMS Tri-Gun. I would cancel it.

Lea,

Typically I would not attend a shotgun only match that required this much time and expense.

However, I would never back out from my support of DPMS and Randy Luth because of all that they have done for the shooting sports.

So like I said earlier, I'll be there if it's 1 gun, 2 guns, 3 guns or if it's slingshots and crossbows.

Lea and Randy,

I would not miss the oppurtunity to see you and all the great people at DPMS as well as to fellowship with the competitors just because you have been targeted by the local government. If anything, I'm more certain to attend in support of your struggle. If shotgun it is, than shotgun it is. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead.

Kirk Broyles

O3GC Match Director

I'll shoot a shotgun only match.

What would the classes be Tactical Pump, Tactical Auto, Open? The only bit of info I would like beforehand would be an updated round count or a breakdown by stage for ammo so I know if I need to find more ways to carry ammo due to each stage being 35 rounds or something like that.

I would move the match to Nebraska or Kentucky and change the date to sometime in October in order to prepare for it. I would then open up the applications to shoot this match in hopes of making it the biggest 3-Gun match of the year. I would look to hold the biggest fund raiser I could with the "defense" fund being sent to Minnesota for the ongoing legal battle.

I will shoot.

Anything that allows us to help out the shooting sports AND piss off some anti-gunners is worth it.

Nick

:cheers: +1

If it ends up being a shotgun only match, I think I'll switch to "open" division.

My poor, little thumb wouldn't be able to put up with a big, shotgun match! :roflol:

There are six members of the Minneapolis Police Shooting Team on the conditional list, and I will check with them. But I know for sure you’ll have at least a couple of us there flying our colors in support of the club and our sport.

The six Minneapolis Police Shooting Team Members on the conditional list (Villamor, Biederman, Schmitt, Merten, Dison, & Liotta) are all staying committed and will be attending.

Randy & Lea, go for having the match. You got a lot of friends and supporters that will come. Everyone knows that you can put together a great match regardless of the restrictions. Cancelling the match will just give a victory to those attacking the club.

I am not for cancelling the match, however, I would rather lose a battle and win the war. The future of the match may well be decided by expensive litigation in a court room. the club would be better off in the long run if a large fund raiser provided enough funds for a very good lawyer and the extended legal battle that may ensue. The fund raiser for the Wounded Warriors at the Blue Ridge match was a great one. By moving the match and opening it up to pull 250 plus shooters the potential to raise money is a virtual guarantee. If the battle is decided before the match funds can be used then donate the money to the Wounded Warriors.

I would move the match to Nebraska or Kentucky and change the date to sometime in October in order to prepare for it. I would then open up the applications to shoot this match in hopes of making it the biggest 3-Gun match of the year. I would look to hold the biggest fund raiser I could with the "defense" fund being sent to Minnesota for the ongoing legal battle.

Now this is a great idea! I would buy any raffle ticket sold,pay extra on a match fee, and arrive a couple of days early to help with set-up if this was the plan.

Jim D and I will still be there, even if it is shotgun only. BUT, I am still packing up the rifle and pistol, just in case.

Doug S

Minot Rifle and Pistol Club

Edited by Doug S

I think its pretty safe to say the majority of the shooters that are signed up for this match plan to attend no matter what we end up shooting.

I guess we just need Lea and Randy to confirm we still are planning to do it so we can can finish up our planning!!

As of now i am planning for a shotgun only match.

If on the 17th they announce they have it worked out with the city I will just pack up everything else and be on my way.

In the end we all need to find ways to get the proper support to them and unscrew this BS.