Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Pro-Am Championship

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals just wanted to remind everyone that Phil's Pro-Am is coming up in two weeks. Still have slots for Fri. morning Limited and for Fri. Sat. and Sun afternoon for Open. Its a great match that you will get hooked on. So come to Tulsa and have a blast.

Hope to see you all there!!!!

Billy

Edited by ima45dv8
Merged new topic in with existing

Hey guys and gals just wanted to remind everyone that Phil's Pro-Am is coming up in two weeks. Still have slots for Fri. morning Limited and for Fri. Sat. and Sun afternoon for Open. Its a great match that you will get hooked on. So come to Tulsa and have a blast.

Hope to see you all there!!!!

Billy

+1 for the pro-am! Signed up a bit ago and got my confirmation. My wife and I are going to shoot it we can't wait! We are flying from virginia!

Par times are set and on the stage descriptions at the website. Of course, they are subject to change, but I think they'll be pretty close to right.

USSA will be offering up one of their steel plate ranges next to the maintenance building. I think they're charging $5.00 per session. There will be someone there to take your money.

We're getting close! 237 Limited shooters, and 120 Open!

Phil

Although I sent this in an email earlier to all of the competitors, I'll post it here just to be safe.

The Pro-Am ranges will be OFF LIMITS to everyone until Thursday at 9:00am. After that time NO COMPETITOR will be allowed to walk on the stages until they have pre-registered at the Main Lodge.

Everything seems to be coming together...let's keep our fingers crossed.

Phil

Although I sent this in an email earlier to all of the competitors, I'll post it here just to be safe.

The Pro-Am ranges will be OFF LIMITS to everyone until Thursday at 9:00am. After that time NO COMPETITOR will be allowed to walk on the stages until they have pre-registered at the Main Lodge.

Everything seems to be coming together...let's keep our fingers crossed.

Phil

Best of luck Phil. I'm certain it will be a splended match. Sorry we can't make it this year....We'll shoot for next. Terry

Shot both Limited and Open yesterday (Friday). Great match, really interesting stages, very organized. Shooting 18 stages in 107 degree heat factor was a real test. Does anyone know if prelimary results will be posted?

Is there food to buy for lunch or do I need to bring it with me?

There is a food vendor there. Much better than last year. I think it was $6.50.

Tom

Edited by Tom D

Well, it's all over! The heat was pretty intense, but everything ran pretty smooth.

I'm really tired, and going to bed. I've submitted the results to my webmaster, but I'll post them here, too.

Thanks to all who came to make this match an even bigger success.

LIMITED Amatuer Scores.pdf

LIMITED Pro Scores.pdf

OPEN Amateur Scores.pdf

OPEN Pro Scores.pdf

Great match Phil! This was my first ProAm and I gotta say it was well run, well staffed and a fun challenge to shoot. This was one of the few matches I've been to where I was never wondering what was going on with scoring, prizes, registration etc. I think that says a lot about yourself, your staff and the excellent people and facilities at USSA. I am really looking forward to your leadership in Area 4. Thanks!!!

Edited by jtischauser

Hey Guys, I found a Glock mag on one of the stages. If you know anyone who lost a mag, please have them contact me. I asked on a couple of stages but no luck on the owner. I found it on Saturday. They'll have to give me a description with what type of rounds to claim it, but it's not mine so I really want to get it back to the owner.

Awesome match Phil, that steel was fun.

Bill Drummond

828.963.7020 or you can post here but I check infrequently.

The RO's deserve Ironman badges. I shot in 100 degree weather BUT they WORKED in it. Amazing!

Edited by bill d

how do you determine amateur or pro? just curious

You sign up as a Pro and pay $225 per division or you sign up as an amateur and pay only $135 per division or $425/240 for both divisions. If you win the amateur match you automatically get bumped into Pro the next year.

Last years amateur winner, Kepa Zubizaretta who was now shooting pro took a huge 4 stage carryover skin in the Limited division and won $1900!

Edited by jtischauser

It's also in the match rules posted on the web page. http://www.usshootingacademy.com/CM_Files/PRO-AM-RULES-2010.pdf

- Competitors can enter and compete either as a PROFESSIONAL or an AMATEUR

- Competitors who have finished in the Top 10 of any USPSA Open, Limited, or Production Nationals in the last three years are NOT eligible to compete as an amateur.

ETA: it's not just a class thing, the awards system is entirely different for pros and amateurs.

Edited by Steve J

Fantastic job Phil and a huge thank you to the RO's!!!!!

I think I shot on the worst day possible, it was wet and really muddy from the monsoon that came through Friday night but that's no excuse on how poorly I performed!

Great job again and look forward to the match again next year.

Edited by Prov1x