Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2010 Pro-Am Championship

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just FYI, I'm just about done with the match application. I'll make sure to have it posted at www.usshootingacademy.com on their 2010 Pro-Am page. I'll also post it here.

I've also got 3 stages designed already.

Well, to keep with last year's tradition, I've decided to bring back two of last year's stages. The two that were voted to return from the first match have been omitted, and the stage with the long range poppers was removed. I wasn't happy with the way that stage turned out...it was a good idea, it just didn't hit the ground they way I wanted.

Just go to the top of the page, and vote for your TWO favorite stages.

I'll close the polls in two weeks, and the two with the most votes will be built again for 2010! I've attached their stage descriptions to refresh your memories.

Phil

post-786-1261588245_thumb.jpg

post-786-1261588251_thumb.jpg

post-786-1261588256_thumb.jpg

post-786-1261588261_thumb.jpg

post-786-1261588265_thumb.jpg

Edited by gmshtr

Well, I screwed up the poll, and it looks like you get to choose your ONE favorite stage from last year...that is unless one of our great moderators can fix it for me! :mellow:

If anyone has any good stage designs or ideas, please email them to me at 2010proam@cox.net. I'm stealing all of next year's designs anyway...it may as well be yours!

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

• 2 weeks later...

I've had USSA's website updated with most of the 2010 Pro-Am info.

You can download the Match Application, Squad Schedule, Weekend Schedule/Hotel Info, and complete match rules at the 2010 Pro-Am Championship page.

2010's match will be bigger, better, MORE DRY, and will hopefully have a bigger prize table. And because I love you all, I've reduced the individual match entry fee by ten percent. When's the last time you got more match for less money? You don't want to miss this one!

I hope you can make it to what people are calling the most fun you can have with a pistol.

Phil Strader

Match Director

2010 Pro-Am Championship

2010_Pro_Am_Registration.pdf

And because I love you all, I've reduced the individual match entry fee by ten percent.

That is simply great news Phil. I'm skipping nationals for this match, and the best new of all is I now KNOW I am loved by someone other than my mother. :cheers:

Should be a ton o fun!

Well, it looks like Stage 4 is in again for 2010. As far as the 3-way tie, I'll decide which one will come back for this year's match. OR, I may just make up a new one. We'll see.

I hope to have the stages posted this week before I leave for Shot Show. If anyone has any cool stage ideas, please send them to me at 2010proam@cox.net.

Phil

Well, here are the stages. Keep in mind that these are not exact. If I get a lot of help from Target sponsors, expect the steel count to go up...each array will get more targets.

I hope you like them...I ripped a few of them off from other matches I've shot. Then again, haven't we all? :D

post-786-1263421817_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421829_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421837_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421845_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421850_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421857_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421864_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421870_thumb.jpg

post-786-1263421880_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like there's a 99.9% probability that Smith & Wesson is back on board as the Main Match Sponsor, with Glock already committing to the Amateur Sponsor slot!

I've got a feeling that most of the sponsors from last year will be re-committing for 2010, plus we may have a few new ones! With the anticipated competitor number increasing, so must the prize table! I must admit, many of you should get the credit. I had two prior sponsors specifically tell me that they wanted to do more for the match because EVERY prize that was picked up from the 2009 table was soon followed by a Thank You email from the recipient.

It's amazing how just a few thank you notes from the shooters make such a difference. Like last year, I will have a list of sponsors with their direct contacts in the match book.

Also, the match entries are finally starting to roll in. There's still plenty of room left for all 3 shooting times for both Open and Limited. HOWEVER, Sunday always fills first! I must say that I was pretty surprised by how many people had not heard of the match, especially after two airings on Shooting USA. Please spread the word!

Thanks again!

Phil Strader

Edited by gmshtr

Make that 100% for Smith & Wesson sponsorship!

Also, USPSA has approved the Pro-Am Championship as a recognized match. It should be on the USPSA calendar soon!

All we need now are your match applications!

July will be here before you know it!!

Phil

Edited by gmshtr

• 2 weeks later...