Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting with my son

AWLAZS

I went to the range with my 8 year old son. He shoots his air soft gun while the grownups shoot. He asked if he could shoot at the texas star. I told him to grab his gun. He looked at me and said"Dad my bb's won't knock those off I want to shoot your gun"

I think he did a good job. He is shooting my Matt Cheely 9mm blaster with a major load

Edit for the 8

Edited by AWLAZS

He wants me to take him gun shopping now. Does any one have a suggestion?

Randy, if your club is ok with it and this gun purchase is for competition then you can buy a .22 upper for a 1911 and run it in matches. I know a guy who had wrist problems and he ran a .22 upper for his Open gun (for no score) like that until his wrists were ok enough to run his Open gun.

That was great. Looks like you guy's had a nice day, wish I didn't have to work that day... I have a 1911 set up with a Kimber .22 upper if you want to give it a try with him and see how he likes it before you go out shopping!!!!

Randy.....that was AWESOME. I look forward to shooting with him at a GMPS match next year :lol:

OK, maybe a couple more years :cheers:

I suggest a browning buckmark target with a C-more or Burris, or Nikko-Stirling optical on the rail. Grip should be narrow enough for him

and he still sight it like an open gun.

post-12164-1259448793_thumb.jpg

post-12164-1259448802_thumb.jpg

Edited by matt2ace

Reminds me when i was a child with Dad teaching me to shoot his 45. :cheers:

That was AWESOME. Good job :cheers: My son is 9 and just shot my Caspian open gun for the first time yesterday. He is HOOKED!