Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting at Ft. Hood

TRNinTX

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just on Fort Hood this morning. Glad I got off before it was locked down. We're working on limited information now as it is still on going. There were reportedly two shooters (in military uniforms). Both are now in custody. The second one just recently. Local media is now reporting 7 dead, 20 wounded which includes a couple of swat officers.

Local schools on lock down. Scott & White hospital on lock down (victims were tranported there).

For the most current information that has been released to the local media go to:

www.centraltexasnow.com

Edited by Steve J

I was just on Fort Hood this morning. Glad I got off before it was locked down. We're working on limited information now as it is still on going. There were reportedly two shooters (in military uniforms). Both are now in custody. The second one just recently. Local media is now reporting 7 dead, 20 wounded which includes a couple of swat officers.

Local schools on lock down. Scott & White hospital on lock down (victims were tranported there).

For the most current information that has been released to the local media go to:

www.centraltexasnow.com

WOW! It is amazing the lag in the news when these things happen. CNN is still reporting one guy is cornered. Thanks for the heads up on the current stuff. Bottom line though, this sucks big time. Pray for our troops every day, please.

www.centraltexasnow.com

3:48 PM live news conference about to start at the main gate.

- The local media keeps showing a Hummer with 3 soldiers in the back refering to them as Military Police en route or something. Hummer has a big sign "POST POLICE". That's a trash detail folks to police the trash.

Edited by Steve J

New Conference: Initial incident took place at about 1:30 at the Soldier Readiness Center. Several units were there going through deployment readiness for mobilization. 12 dead, 31 wounded. The shooter was a soldier. He was using handguns. He was killed by responding police. Two other soldiers are in custody as suspects. Not clear if they were involved as shooters, but there were reportedly eye witnesses that said they were involved.

That's what I just heard on the local news from an official spokesman.

That news conference should be up here soon. www.centraltexasnow.com

Edited by Steve J

Terrible. Brings back bad memories of the Luby's Massacre in Killeen, TX several years back.

Unlike a building filled with soldiers on Fort Hood, there are legally armed citizens in the restaurants in Killeen at any given time now, specifically due to the Luby's shooting. That was the catalyst for Concealed Carry Laws in Texas. Unfortunately, official buildings on Fort Hood are "gun free".

The local news just reported the name of the primary shooter who was killed. It was Army Major Malik Nadel Hassan.

Go figure.

The two others suspected of being involved have not been named.

Edited by Steve J

report says 12 killed, 31 wounded. then it says this:

"The soldier used two handguns, Cone said. It was not clear if the gunman had stopped to reload."

Remember they have two other individuals in custody with reports that they were involved as well. There's still a lot to sort out.

My thoughts and prayers go out to my brothers and sisters in arms. No matter what branch, what generation, or what location, we are all connected by a common bond, our love for this great country. It is tragic that any Soldier, Sailor, Airman or Marine has to lose their life, but when it happens on the sanctity of US soil it is even worse! God bless and protect my brothers and sisters in arms as they carry on the fight and protect this great country!!!!