Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 4 pics

Catfish

I'm in the process of working with the images from Area 4. I've got about 2,000 of them to sort through.

I knew, however, that this picture was going to be the winner, even just looking at it on the viewscreen on the camera.

I couldn't help but make a motivational poster out of it.

For those that don't know, the guy in the picture is James Gill, USMC vet. James lost his leg and one eye to an IED in the big sandy. James is a Texas shooter, and it's always a pleasure to meet and BS with him. He represents the Corps, his fellow shooters, his team, and the rest of us with an attitude that can't be matched by anyone.

As you can see in the picture, his injuries aren't slowing him down a bit.

I'll post more pics as I get to working with them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/db1911/4002976386/sizes/o/

Great picture, Catfish. I am thinking that one should make the email picture "rounds". Maybe even submission to Front Sight mag? James puts it all into whatever he does!

MLM

thanks, Lee is planning to put a story together and I believe he's planning on using my pics...

Here's some more that I've uploaded:

http://my-sight-picture.smugmug.com/Compet...677639337_BxNSC - these are the "good ones", so far I've got Strader and a high res version of the picture only with James Gill.

Here's the rest of the Flickr set:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/db1911/sets/72157622440323635/

If anyone would like to save these for personal use, be my guest. If you're going to use them for your website or commercial purposes, all I ask is that you give me (Derrick Birdsall) credit for the image and a link back to where you got 'em from.

The first time I saw James was at one of Ted Bonnets rifle fun shoots, I didn't even notice his injuries. Next time I saw him he was shooting a glock and it wasn't that good. What is remarkable is how fast he has improved as a pistol shooter, its amazing, he has worked very hard at it. And as noted he is a good guy. James and I rode to Gator last year together and I can tell you for a fact matches are a lot harder for him than for us, that leg causes a lot of pain and he works thru it and shoots very well, he is a trooper as we use to say in the Army.

Great picture.

Derrick,

Outstanding pictures! You certainly have taken awesome shots. I like the candid ones of spectators as well. It puts a different perspective of our sport. Thanks for sharing!

Edwin

thanks all!

Edwin, EVERYONE takes pics of the actual shooting, I like to play around and get some shots of us interacting with each other over the course of the day; after all, we're only shooting for a few minutes each day and standing around BS'ing the rest of the time. ;) Thank you for noticing. :) And I'm still completely stunned that you were able to keep your white shorts mud free!! :roflol:

More to come today, I've got more shots from Saturday and then another 1000 or so from Sunday to work through. :surprise: