Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Winter is closing in!

Jim Norman

Yup, it is getting dark early, temperatures are no longer up in the 80's, sun comes up later every day, leaves starting to fall.

Winter is OK, it is the time between fall and Winter when it is just bland gray that I hate, same goes for that time between Winter and Spring.

Winter itself is OK, provided there is nice clean snow and the temps stabilize. Otherwise it is just damp and cold. Snow can be plowed, rain at 33 degrees is just cold.

Jim

I can't wait for winter in Tampa!!!

Then I won't have to bring a stage-set-up shirt, a shooting-shirt, and an after-shooting-shirt. Since I sweat right through the first two...

:)

I guess shooting sweaty is better than shoveling snow froze!

Jeff

It snowed in Colorado last night, it's snowing now in Boulder. There's a qualifier match in Pueblo tomorrow and the high will be around 50F by the time the match ends. It will start around with temps around 29F. :(

I've a feeling that I won't be going.

I usually hate cold weather, but for some reason I'm looking forward to the season this year. It was too damned hot to shoot in south Texas this year. I skipped a lot of matches for that reason. It just wasn't fun. Of course our winter is only about 2 weeks long sometime in January! :roflol: At least we can go outside in temperatures that aren't in triple digits for the next several months.

The older I get the less I like the Winter time, mainly because of the cold. It was cold today, especially for this time of year. The guys who did the set up for the match today said that it was 17 at the range when they got there. By the time the match was over it was maybe low 40 something. My hands were cold, my nose was cold and running and my fingers didn't want to work at pulling the trigger -- at least not very fast.

This was a shock to my system. Three weeks ago I was at the Nationals and shooting in 100 degree temps.

I do not like cold or the white stuff that comes with it.

It would be beyond my wildest dream to have a winter of 33 degrees and rain. At latitude 64 it is rapidly approaching time to see just how "EXTREAM" Hogdons powder is. Also, time to "degrease" the AR15, .45 ACP etc., and soak them down with dry lube.

I really don't mind the winter. I just really miss not being able to use the outdoor range as often.

We've had some unusually cold nights here for this time of year... about 32 degrees. Usually a cloud cover or even some fog will keep the temps reasonable at night in the fall, but it's been clear overnight which is a death sentence for retaining heat here at night if that occurs anytime after September. And we're expecting a solid week of rain starting tomorrow. It's here, folks... the dreaded winter thing. :rolleyes: