Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2009 Nationals Video

davecutts

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there some way to single step though this video? At normal speed I can't see Nick pointing the gun over his shoulder.

Later,

Chuck

Sorry folks, got a bit lazy there. I now have an add on to download the video (thanks, GG!) and I also found a FLV converter but the resolution of the mpg is pretty crappy and I can not really see what is going on with the muzzle as Nick blazes through the doorway. Any pointers to an FLV viewer that will allow single step?

TIA,

Chuck

Well, I can't say for sure either way but it looks to me (frame 0:00:20.39) that the gun may of been parallel to Nick's face but since his body is turned to the right I don't see it breaking the 180 if the rear stick of the shooting area is the 180.

I can't see for sure either but it does bring up something interesting. In many countries in Europe where I used to shoot, if the gun was raised above the berm then it was a DQ because the muzzle direction was pointed outside of the confines of the berm so if a shot was fired it would leave the berm and land 'who knows where'.

I see a lot of people in USA who reload with the muzzle pointed upwards, I was always taught to load with the muzzle parallel to the ground, I think it's quicker and certainly safer. If you do a reload with the muzzle pointed upwards then it's very easy to move it an inch too far and you've busted the 90 degree rule.

Edited by BritinUSA

looks vertical to me

Got a better reso capture?

See the youtube link again....read the comments....

Lee

So which RO yelled the 'Stop' command?

I won't name names, I will just say he was > 30 ft away and neither of the other RO's would say they saw anything other than a wild looking reload.

Edited by lneel

He was DQ'd for "breaking the 180 VERTICALLY during the reload." No problems on the draw suggested by RO staff.

I also went through it very slowly and couldn't see a single thing wrong with the reload. I mean for crying out loud the shooter was down a hallway and the ONLY RO that could see what was going on was the one directly behind the shooter. From the sounds of it the RO running the timmer was not the one that made the call. I won't get into a huge debate here, not the place for that but I feel the call was made in error and I will leave it at that.

Joe W.

I just downloaded to Quicktime from youtube, the quality is not great but I can go frame by frame. I would need to see the original video to make sure but it does appear to me that the gun is pointed backward, there's a lot of movement, he is moving forward and it is the weirdest reload I have ever seen, the gun is moving around all over the place while pointing straight up.

It's just my opinion from a very bad quality video, I wasn't there.

I've DQed from Nationals myself, I learned from it but there was no question that mine was a DQ. Even if there is a doubt from the shooter there is something to learn here.

Edited by BritinUSA

I've DQed from Nationals myself, I learned from it but there was no question that mine was a DQ. Even if there is a doubt from the shooter there is something to learn here.

I will definitely agree with that statement.....got to be extra careful when spending SO much $$$ to get there.

Ok, I'll share too. Definitely no speed records here, but they were clean:

Great videos Gary. I have seen you shoot at Norco a few times and was happy to see you do so well. You had an outstanding performance in a stacked field. Congrats on your 7th overall finish and 1st placed "A".

Ok, I'll share too. Definitely no speed records here, but they were clean:

4th A in Production and 1st A in L10 (7th overall) is pretty freakin good if you ask me. It was a real honor to get to shoot with you during the Open/Production Nats. I would be honored to shoot with you again, but next time I am bringing a much bigger dot. lol

Joe W.