Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Nationals Packets

SteveZ

Yes 18 stages. ONly thing I cant figure out is why we are shooting 5-5-5-3 for open, and 6-6-6 for Limited? :huh:

Higher attendence? Do more people shoot open/prod and therefore require more time for the match?

Yes 18 stages. ONly thing I cant figure out is why we are shooting 5-5-5-3 for open, and 6-6-6 for Limited? :huh:

Higher attendence? Do more people shoot open/prod and therefore require more time for the match?

Because Limited guys shoot like hell?

Faded maps.

16 stages instead of 19(last year).

Range does not open until 1pm while registration is from 1pm to 6pm.

Seems like they are making things tight for people that would like to look over the stages.

When did they ever allow competitors on the range before registration opened?

If you go way back, stages were not published, and ranges were closed until the first squad was due to begin.

Edited by wide45

Faded maps.

16 stages instead of 19(last year).

Range does not open until 1pm while registration is from 1pm to 6pm.

Seems like they are making things tight for people that would like to look over the stages.

When did they ever allow competitors on the range before registration opened?

If you go way back, stages were not published, and ranges were closed until the first squad was due to begin.

Way back, things have changed. There is IDPA for that now.

I think it is a bit tight to look at 16 stages and drive over and register.

Not only does it say 16 stages it also says they will be using the 2004 USPSA rules book. :huh:

Joe W.

1st page indicated they made a mistake....the rules they are using are from the 2008 rule book, not 2004.....

I do believe there will be 16 stages this year instead of the indicated 18 (got this from a reliable source recently...)

GACK!!! How did I miss that on the front page of all things. I need to read things much closer. Right now I have a call into USPSA and hopefully I will have an answer about the stage count, as soon as I find out anything I will be sure to pass it on.

Joe W.

Just got off the phone with Matt at the USPSA office. The stage count is going to be 16 instead of 18 due to conflict with the local club. Kind of sucks but it will still be a great match. The match will have roughly 420 shooters. The stages are being finalized and should be posted sometime this week, sounded like Thursday or Friday. Hope the info is of some help.

Joe W.