Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Range Bags???

PistolPete

I need a bigger range bag. I have a Glock bag (don't even own a Glock) that is way too small for what I need. I was thinking of getting the Shooters Choice bag because it looks like what I would need. I want something big enough to be able to carry all my supplies (guns excluded) for the entire day. Smith and Wesson makes a professional shooters bag and I was debating between the two. Anyone have any experience with these or other bags?

Thanks,

Pete

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need more bag room I recommend the bag Erik mentions above, the Tournament Series. Man that thing is huge; cushy pads, and will hold tons of stuff. On the other extreme, I just picked up one of the i-shot mini bags that I'm planning on using as a carry bag at matches while leaving the larger bag in the vehicle...just in case I need the complete bench, tool kit, and spare parts that it contains.

I have used and abused my Shooter's Connection bag all this season. It has been drenched in rain, covered in mud, dumped off tables and pickup tailgates and carried around overloaded a LOT. It just keeps on going. Hose the mud off and away you go. I looked at the Dillon and a couple others and everyone I found with them indicated that they were kind of looking to move to the Shooter's Connection bag. So I said to heck with it and eliminted the middle step of buying the wrong bag.

Plus, Chuck is a great guy and supports the sport.

The comment about big bags getting too heavy is something to consider . . .

Last summer, a guy at one of our club matches had the biggest shooting bag I've ever seen. I have no idea who made it, but it was a full-on duffle bag. It was bigger than the guy trying to carry it (I'm not sure what he had in it). I offered to haul it to the far end of the range with my truck, but he said he was fine. About a third of the way there, I found him waiting for me to haul the bag for him. :rolleyes:

Add me to the list of "recommends Shooter's Connection" range bags ;)

I started off with a knock-off of the Bagmaster, moved to a Dillon, then a Green Mountain, and now a Shooter's Connection.

Despite what they look like, the Green Mountain and the SC have about the same carrying capacity...but the SC is laid out much more conveniently. And the little stage bag is very handy to have. Dealer cost is $109.95, and you can order for that much through your Brownell's dealer account (you have to special order any colour but black, though).

Alex

Another vote for Shooter's Connection.

Another thing to keep in mind,,,,,The middle of the bag, pulls out and in a "mini-bag".

Oftentimes, once I gear up, I have my ammo and the match essentials in the mini bag and leave the rest in the truck.....

No need to carry tools, raingear, and spare everything under the sun while shooting. It is nice to have that flexibility.

H4444

what is bigger than the shooters connection bag, i tried one but it wouldn't fit the stiff belt and holster, here in Canada we have to have the firearm in a hard locked case and this takes up more room

most guys here with the shooters connection bags walk around with the belt and holster over their shoulder

i won a green mountain bag and gave it away because it didn't have the room for the belt and holster

I'm running a safariland buckless belt system with an 011 holster and I can get it in the bag......just have the holster dip down into the center bag,,,,lay the belt curled up on top of the center bag and the outer bag will zip right over.

[sorry - thread drift]

instead of locking, use cable ties, and keep a couple in an outside compartment, so when TSA does cut them (and they will) you can put one back. Also, make sure you have something to cut the tie off, or a tie (TSA) they might put on. On an Intl flight TSA put on some really strong ties, very hard to get back off

<continued drift>

Last time I travelled I noted a pair of wire cutters on a chain on each of the luggage carts. The bell persons were politely and efficiently removing all the ties from the luggage as they loaded it on the carts. Another pair was conveniently located at the front desk for those that didn't utilize the bell persons with a trashcan for the refuse.

When I checked out the next morning my bill had been slipped under my door and in the envelope was a note to call the bell stand if I needed ties for my luggage.

Talk about service! :D

Dunno if this trend is catching on across the country or not, but I hope so. I have to wonder how soon the major resorts etc will start doing logo ties for luggage.

<end drift?>

Another vote for I-Shot; great bag thoughtfully designed for shooters by shooters and if you should ever need warranty support, I-Shot is every bit as dependable as Dillon; i.e., they stand behind their product 100%.

HAHAHA! Point well taken since my bag is black & it is difficult to find things in the bottom of it. Moreover, it happens to be the same bag everyone else around here uses & I often start digging for something I need - only to find out I am digging around in someone else's bag! If I ever need another bag, it will not be black.