Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Range Bags???

PistolPete

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+2 on the Midway bag. I have bought two. Only $40.00. The only problem is that everyone seems to be buying them. I ironed on a bunch of patches to tell mine apart from the others.

I agree 100%. It amazes me how many guys use this unpopular bag! :rolleyes:

I just bought my son one of the smaller Midway bags. It is nice but you can't carry as much junk as I can in the larger bag. It is a well sized bag and most people don't need to carry as much stuff as some of us do. It will work fine for him and doesn't require an extra mule to carry it.

+2 on the Midway bag. I have bought two. Only $40.00. The only problem is that everyone seems to be buying them. I ironed on a bunch of patches to tell mine apart from the others.

They have to keep buying them because there not made to the same quality as.....others. :ph34r:

They have to keep buying them because there not made to the same quality as.....others. :ph34r:

:surprise: Unbelievable!

I have both Midway bags - the small one and the large. The large bag is better made than the small. The zippers on the large bag appear more "heavy duty" - they were larger and moved a little smoother. I do like the size of the smaller bag though.

Like alot of people, I wish all of my clothing, running shoes, and electronics were made in America. Since that is all a dream, I figured the small Midway bag was worth a try.

For two pistols and a reasonable amount of gear it seems the perfect size to me. It looks sturdy enough to hold up for years.

For two pistols and a reasonable amount of gear it seems the perfect size to me. It looks sturdy enough to hold up for years.

I had and retired the larger midway bag. It held up for months but not years, then stuff started unraveling. My Shooters Connection bag does seem to be holding up better, and I am abusing it a lot more. Though it cost more up front I think it's a better bargain in the long run.

I hate carrying everything I own from stage to stage. I use the i-shot range rug. Before the match I load up my mags and the bag carries another 200 rounds. The rest of my gear stays in the car because I'd rarely need it.

Most of these responses are from 5 or more years ago. I'm surprised at that, I guess....

CED is nice, but too small and the zipper failed shortly after buying it.

Shooters Connection Tournament Series bag has been terrific going strong into year two.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the i-shot bags for the size. I have several and set each one up for a specific gun. There's plenty of room for local matches. I just grab the appropriate pistol, put it in the bag, grab my border shift ammo bag (with correct ammo of course) and off I go. Holster, etc fits in bag too unless its my open rig which sits on seat in truck

The shooters connection bag looks like a great way to go for a major match.

Edited by wooddog

I have the CED and its just too small. As soon as I can free up some coin, I'm going to the Shooters Conn. big dog. There's nothing WRONG with the CED, its just not big enough.

Shooter's Connection Tournament Series. Lots of room, heavy material, and big honkin' zippers you can operate with one hand :cheers: . And my wife says they make great camera bags as well. Every time I win a new one, she steals it :angry2: .

i like the the SC Ultra Bag...built very well compared to my Midway Bag

I am using the CED/Shooters Connection XL Range Bag since 2001 and I can tell you that it still HOLDS!!! Obviously you can buy a cheaper version but you know how it goes - when you buy cheap, you buy twice :-)

:unsure: uh i did say i like my SC Bag