Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Range Bags???

PistolPete

After trying and using many bags, I found this one in my local Home depot, it's a tool bag, but was very usefull as a range bag!:

5c50aa17-7dac-411b-8fda-8af90c8aaf47_400.jpg

4446e969-ed51-4f3b-92f9-298629850524_400.jpg

16800b4b-aceb-4245-a565-b23eab46daba_400.jpg

Many pockets and space, and have wheels when he's on heavy side with lot of ammo.

And not too much candy money for it ... so enough bullet money!

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Tool-Storage/Husky/h_d1/N-5yc1vZarixZrd/R-202353445/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051

Edited by gunguru

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just purchased the CED/DAA RangePack Pro Backpack and it is very impressive. Very large and will hold everything including ammo, guns, belts, mags, hydration system, a stool and the list goes on and on. The problem is once you have all this stuff loaded the bag weighs just shy of a metric ton. I really wish they would have designed a mobility system similar to the handle and wheels on the tool bag above. Maybe some more all-terrain wheels though.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a monster-sized Hafner Worldwide bag for about 15 years now. It's been pressed into service as a USPSA carry-everything-you-need-all-day bag, a Sporting Clays bag for two (that's 350 12 gauge shells, about a dozen choke tubes, eyepro, earpro, beverages, and snacks) and a general range bag (I think my max has been 5 handguns and 600 rounds of ammo plus a dozen magazines).

All of the original stitching is intact. Zippers and other hardware is trouble free. The only downside to the bag is the size. It's huge, and it really encourages overpacking. I sometimes want to get another that's about half the size for USPSA shoots, which would force me to pare down the spare parts, tools, and backup ammo I carry. Heck, I haven't owned a Glock in 6 years, and I still carry a front sight tool - but only for the two or three times a year that a Glock shooter has to beg a 1911 shooter for a tool to fix the "unbreakable, 100% reliable" Glock.